You need to Read the rules and Join the forums before you can post.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First time build questions
06-04-2012, 05:12 AM,
First time build questions
Hello, first off I'll have to start this with the generic butt kissing about how great this site is..... mostly because it deserves it. Best grouping of information and well informed people to help those like myself that I have found.

That said, on to my questions. I am starting to save for my first build and I am on a budget(I am thinking Tier 2ish). I want to play D3 and swtor as well as anything else that tickles my fancy in the future(big fan of MMO's) so I would like to have the tower for a little while at least, would Tier 2 be enough for that if I play on lower settings (kind of use to it at this point)?

My other question pertains as to how long I should wait. It's going to take a few months to save up funds for everything I need for my new tower, and I read last year/early this year that there are some great black friday deals on amazon/newegg/tigerdirect for computer parts so would it be worth it to wait till then if I am going to have to wait anyway?
06-06-2012, 01:46 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-06-2012, 01:50 PM by FreekishPC.)
RE: First time build questions
imo i would save as much money as you can and get a higher tier

my system is a little higher than t2 and it can run swtor but sometimes there is very little lag in high populated areas (imperial fleet 200+ people)

but im lookin to play planetside 2 and few other games comin out
Current Build: CPU:Intel Core i5-2500 Mobo:ASRock Z68 PRO3 GEN3 GPU:Sapphire Radeon HD 6950 2 GB SSD:Crucial M4 CT128M4SSD2 Case:Corsair Carbide Series 400R PSU:Rosewill CAPSTONE Series CAPSTONE-650 Ram:CORSAIR XMS3 16GB Cooling:COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 Sound:Asus Xonar DG 5.1 OS:Windows7 HOME Optic Drive:LG Super-Multi M*Disc Keyboard:Razer Lycosa Mouse:Razer Naga MousePad:Razer Sphex -- http://www.youtube.com/FreekishPC