You need to Read the rules and Join the forums before you can post.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
If you could change one thing about HR.
05-23-2012, 08:52 PM,
I could be a writer for workstations as that is what I always research and build if that is what is needed for more updates. Of course, my regular job would always come first.
Case: Fractal Design Define R4 CPU: Intel Core i7 3930K CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 SE2011 GPU: EVGA GTX 650 2GB SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB HDDs: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB and Western Digital VelociRaptor 500 GB Motherboard: Asus P9X79 Pro RAM: 8x8GB (64GB) G. Skill Ripjaws Z 1600MHz Optical Drives: two Asus DRWB1ST PSU: Seasonic X650 80+ Gold Keyboard: Das Keyboard Professional S Mouse: Logitech Performance MX Tablet: Logitech T650 Monitors: NEC P241W and NEC PA241W Speakers: Bose Companion 3 Operating System: Windows 8 Pro 64 bit
06-10-2012, 08:32 PM,
RE: If you could change one thing about HR.
OK So has anyone ever considered a section for buying, selling or trading computer parts?? I personally would think this place could make good use of that. Some people may be upgrading to a powerful gaming rig, while others may be just starting out and could make use of their old parts. And its nice to bypass all the fees associated with amazon and ebay. I do understand that problems may arise from forum trading, but with a type of feedback system it could be lessened, and forum trading is a very common practice.
06-12-2012, 02:10 PM,
(06-10-2012, 08:32 PM)jukappa Wrote: OK So has anyone ever considered a section for buying, selling or trading computer parts?? I personally would think this place could make good use of that. Some people may be upgrading to a powerful gaming rig, while others may be just starting out and could make use of their old parts. And its nice to bypass all the fees associated with amazon and ebay. I do understand that problems may arise from forum trading, but with a type of feedback system it could be lessened, and forum trading is a very common practice.

lol, you know i was thinking the same thing about a month ago but was afraid to mention it. there would have to be some trust among the community and one way to weed out folks just signing up to sell or scam is to require a certain level of posts before you can place an add. also, it could be a source of revenue for the site, add a paypal button and if the item sells or trades then the seller should donate, say 5 bucks as an example.

i know we did it for a sporting goods website i help build a few years ago, and it turned out nicely.

06-12-2012, 04:50 PM,
Re: If you could change one thing about HR.
Well I know some people have wanted to do that but personally I have serious trust issues. I will run it along to mat and see what he thinks when I speak to him later tonight.

Sent from my rooted EVO 4g using tapatalk.
Here are some links you may find useful.
Forum Rules - Introduce Yourself - Things to know before asking a question
06-12-2012, 05:16 PM,
I just think with this website having such a budget oriented group of followers it would be nice to offer parts for cheaper since fees do not apply. Without fees it allows us to sell things for cheaper to other members while making the same profit as we would through amazon or ebay. its a win win.
06-12-2012, 05:47 PM,
Yea but it's too open, there's no security and with this day and age of internet and anyone being anyone i think it's too much of a risk for the person and the owner. It might be better to post your items on ebay or amazon/third-party and then tell people about it.
Case: Cooler Master HAF 922 CPU: Intel Core i7 2600K OC to 4.5Ghz CPU Cooler: Thermalright Silver Arrow CPU TIM: Thermalright Chill Factor III GPU: GeForce GTX 560 Ti Zotac AMP! SSD: Crucial M4 128GB HDD: Samsung F3 1TB Motherboard: ASRock P67 Extreme 4 Gen 3 RAM: 2x4GB (8GB) Corsair Low Profile 1600MHz Optical Drive: ASUS 24X PSU: 650W Seasonic 80+ Gold Sound Card: None (Integrated) Keyboard: i-rocks KR-6260 Gaming Mouse: Logitch Gaming G500 Monitor: Viewsonic 24" LED-vx2453
06-12-2012, 06:52 PM,
There are things that can be put in place that makes it increasingly difficult for people to scam one another even over non secure methods such as forums. Feedback ratings, minimum posts, address confirmations, paypal, lower feedback trades first. Internet buying/selling hypochondriacs can just ignore such a section. Honestly even I wouldn't use forum trading for high cost items. But buying and selling items below $100, I'd be all over it. I can understand wanting to avoid the possible issues and bad politics of forum trading. But it's just something I know I personally would love to use.
06-12-2012, 07:24 PM,
On a Nikon photography site of which I am a paid member, we have "wanted to buy" and "wanted to sell" forums that work really well. There is a reason they work well.

You have to be a paid member to use those two forums. I think this is what makes it work. Anyone paying for a higher level of membership show they have a commitment to staying with the site. Anyone with a commitment isn't going to cheat other committed members.

I would not have a buy and sell feature on a site if it only has free membership.
Case: Fractal Design Define R4 CPU: Intel Core i7 3930K CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 SE2011 GPU: EVGA GTX 650 2GB SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB HDDs: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB and Western Digital VelociRaptor 500 GB Motherboard: Asus P9X79 Pro RAM: 8x8GB (64GB) G. Skill Ripjaws Z 1600MHz Optical Drives: two Asus DRWB1ST PSU: Seasonic X650 80+ Gold Keyboard: Das Keyboard Professional S Mouse: Logitech Performance MX Tablet: Logitech T650 Monitors: NEC P241W and NEC PA241W Speakers: Bose Companion 3 Operating System: Windows 8 Pro 64 bit
06-12-2012, 08:11 PM,
(06-12-2012, 07:24 PM)mwhals Wrote: On a Nikon photography site of which I am a paid member, we have "wanted to buy" and "wanted to sell" forums that work really well. There is a reason they work well.

You have to be a paid member to use those two forums. I think this is what makes it work. Anyone paying for a higher level of membership show they have a commitment to staying with the site. Anyone with a commitment isn't going to cheat other committed members.

Hmmm, now that's an interesting idea.

Combine a reasonable fee ($10? $20? what do you guys think would be reasonable and safe?), with a minimum number of posts (say 100), verified Paypal and address verification (say a scan of an I.D. + an utility/phone bill) and we'd have a solid system in place.

Don't get me wrong, I'm for the idea of selling/buying on the forums, I just want it done properly so that no gets ripped off Wink

Also, I have next to no time lately, I moved a little more than a week ago, finishing the unpacking, working hard on new articles, getting back in shape, enjoying summer etc. etc. etc.

If someone wants to write a basic set of rules, I would greatly appreciate it and it would put us one step closer to having wanted/for sale forums Wink

Overclock.net has a great set of rules that we can inspire ourselves from:
http://www.overclock.net/t/579343/marketplace-faq
http://www.overclock.net/t/290822/for-sa...araphrased
http://www.overclock.net/t/277771/expect...nd-traders
http://www.overclock.net/t/60879/for-sal...-rules-wip

Thanks,
Mathieu
Laptop: MSI GS30 Shadow-045 Dimensions: 12.6" x 8.9" x 0.8" 2.65lbs CPU: Intel Core i7-4870HQ Quad-Core + Hyper-Threading OC 2.5-3.9GHz RAM: 16GB DDR3 1600MHz Video Card: Intel Iris Pro 5200 Storage: 2x128GB SDD RAID0 Audio: ASUS Xonar U3 USB Sound Card + Audio-Technica ATH-M50 headphones Screen: 13.3" - 1920 x 1080 IPS + 27" Dell P2715Q IPS 3840 x 2160 Keyboard: Filco Majestouch MX Cherry Blue Mouse: Logitech MX518
06-12-2012, 08:55 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-12-2012, 08:56 PM by jukappa.)
(06-12-2012, 08:11 PM)MathieuB Wrote:
(06-12-2012, 07:24 PM)mwhals Wrote: On a Nikon photography site of which I am a paid member, we have "wanted to buy" and "wanted to sell" forums that work really well. There is a reason they work well.

Hmmm, now that's an interesting idea.

Combine a reasonable fee ($10? $20? what do you guys think would be reasonable and safe?), with a minimum number of posts (say 100), verified Paypal and address verification (say a scan of an I.D. + an utility/phone bill) and we'd have a solid system in place.

Don't get me wrong, I'm for the idea of selling/buying on the forums, I just want it done properly so that no gets ripped off Wink

Also, I have next to no time lately, I moved a little more than a week ago, finishing the unpacking, working hard on new articles, getting back in shape, enjoying summer etc. etc. etc.

If someone wants to write a basic set of rules, I would greatly appreciate it and it would put us one step closer to having wanted/for sale forums Wink

Overclock.net has a great set of rules that we can inspire ourselves from:
http://www.overclock.net/t/579343/marketplace-faq
http://www.overclock.net/t/290822/for-sa...araphrased
http://www.overclock.net/t/277771/expect...nd-traders
http://www.overclock.net/t/60879/for-sal...-rules-wip

Thanks,
Mathieu

I like the barriers but the more safe it is the less buyers and sellers. I was thinking out of sake of having a larger pool of potential buyers and sellers to make this actually work. I would suggest that ANYONE can buy and sell but those that meet "certain requirements" (like those you listed) are allowed to ship their item AFTER they are paid or they pay a seller AFTER they receive their item. If two people are certified than they can base it off of whoever has more feedback or something. And to encourage certified membership and reward those who are certified and to prevent scamming no two non certified members may make a trade.

Also were you thinking a one time fee or a monthly fee?