You need to Read the rules and Join the forums before you can post.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sound and internet connection randomly go away
04-29-2012, 08:07 PM,
Sound and internet connection randomly go away
I am currently using an HDMI cable from my videocard to my TV/monitor. The sound and internet work fine at the start but if I leave my computer and the TV shuts off, when I come back I seem to always lose my sound and internet, even though the internet shows a connection, nothing actually connects. The only remedy is to simply restart my computer. The sound and lan drivers are all up to date so I'm not sure the problem...
04-30-2012, 07:11 PM,
RE: Sound and internet connection randomly go away
Ok its nothing with the TV. It just has issues after the computer goes to sleep. Applications won't load, internet doesnt work, audio goes out, shutdown is extremely slow. Only has problems when waking from sleep.
05-01-2012, 07:20 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-01-2012, 07:22 AM by Kaid.)
Sounds like a problem with the OS. Personally, I'd just reinstall it, but maybe others have better suggestions.
05-01-2012, 09:44 AM,
Is this a recent build or did this just start happening out of nowhere? Since the drivers are up to date, I'd check your power saving preferences in the control panel to make sure nothing is unusual. Otherwise I'd try uninstalling and reinstalling the related drivers and if that doesn't work I'd try doing a fresh install of Windows.
Follow Me on Twitter

CPU: Intel i5 2500k Motherboard: ASRock Extreme 3 Gen 3 Z68 Video Card: Sapphire Radeon 6870 Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8gb Power Supply: Rosewill Hive 550w Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Case: Antec 300 Illusion Monitor: ASUS 23" 5ms 1080p Mouse: Logitech G500
05-05-2012, 03:17 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-05-2012, 03:21 PM by jukappa.)
Yes it is recent build. I have reinstalled windows and it kicks back on just fine, and fortunately internet works now. But sound still goes away... Headphones do work though
05-05-2012, 04:20 PM,
Re: Sound and internet connection randomly go away
I had sound issues with that also when I would unplug my usb device. I had to open sound mixer thing and readjust the level of the thing playing sound to the same as the main volume.. May not be the same issue but it's worth looking at.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
Here are some links you may find useful.
Forum Rules - Introduce Yourself - Things to know before asking a question
05-06-2012, 04:07 PM,
Ok so after some more research and messing around. I found it actually disables my "realtek HDMI output" whenever my tv turns off or when I switch to another input (tv,av,s-video). When I go to "playback devices" the hdmi output is listed as "not plugged in" although it clearly must be since the hdmi also provides my picture.

The reinstalling of windows did fix my other sleep issues, but the audio appears to never actually have been associated with sleep, and so it still lingers.

I have seen many people complaining of realtek and amd cards not getting along as far as hdmi audio goes. And every discussion I find just results in a dead end. I really would prefer to keep my hdmi around as the video quality looks a lot better than the DVI to VGA converted picture and I would have to use speakers (aka no more remote controlled volume!)