You need to Read the rules and Join the forums before you can post.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Questions regarding CrossfireX. (AMD)
04-15-2012, 11:48 PM,
Hello! I'm planning to build an AMD gaming PC. I have a few questions regarding video-cards. I heard that you can run 2 GPU's together via CrossfireX. I would like to know more about this, and would *really* appreciate all the help I could get! :]

First of all... Should I even get 2 GPU's? How much of a performance increase does it provide vs. 1 real good GPU? I was reading some reviews about different products on a computer-part website. Some people were happy with CrossfireX, and some were not, claiming that it made their CPU run real slow and actually lowered the FPS when gaming. So... Is it worth it? The budget isn't a big problem, I just want to have more knowledge before I make any decisions...

(I'm not a super computer-wiz, so please use terms an average Joe could comprehend. LOL.) Thanks!

04-16-2012, 01:03 AM,
RE: Questions regarding CrossfireX. (AMD)
If you check out the high-end gaming guide he explains which ones to do crossfire with as certain setups are known to cause micro-stuttering: http://www.hardware-revolution.com/best-...#VideoCard

Usually it's better to stick with 1 high-end card unless you have a specific need for a crossfire setup, such as 3+ monitors or 3D.

And I hope your doing Intel processor as they beat AMD in pretty much everything right now.
Case: Cooler Master HAF 922 CPU: Intel Core i7 2600K OC to 4.5Ghz CPU Cooler: Thermalright Silver Arrow CPU TIM: Thermalright Chill Factor III GPU: GeForce GTX 560 Ti Zotac AMP! SSD: Crucial M4 128GB HDD: Samsung F3 1TB Motherboard: ASRock P67 Extreme 4 Gen 3 RAM: 2x4GB (8GB) Corsair Low Profile 1600MHz Optical Drive: ASUS 24X PSU: 650W Seasonic 80+ Gold Sound Card: None (Integrated) Keyboard: i-rocks KR-6260 Gaming Mouse: Logitch Gaming G500 Monitor: Viewsonic 24" LED-vx2453
04-16-2012, 10:52 AM,
Right now, you can get one GeForce 680 for $499, which is the fastest single card right now. Also, as said before, the Intel processors beat the AMD processors in about every instance.
Case: Fractal Design Define R4 CPU: Intel Core i7 3930K CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 SE2011 GPU: EVGA GTX 650 2GB SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB HDDs: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB and Western Digital VelociRaptor 500 GB Motherboard: Asus P9X79 Pro RAM: 8x8GB (64GB) G. Skill Ripjaws Z 1600MHz Optical Drives: two Asus DRWB1ST PSU: Seasonic X650 80+ Gold Keyboard: Das Keyboard Professional S Mouse: Logitech Performance MX Tablet: Logitech T650 Monitors: NEC P241W and NEC PA241W Speakers: Bose Companion 3 Operating System: Windows 8 Pro 64 bit
04-16-2012, 03:13 PM,
RE: Questions regarding CrossfireX. (AMD)
(04-16-2012, 10:52 AM)mwhals Wrote: Right now, you can get one GeForce 680 for $499, which is the fastest single card right now. Also, as said before, the Intel processors beat the AMD processors in about every instance.

still with the recent price drops on the 7900 series, i think they still remain a better deal pricewise, especially if they are giving 3 free games along with them.

i still prefer a single card solution, even with the better driver updates. with the lower and midgrade cards, on average you may double the frame rate but you still have to deal with microstutter issues.