You need to Read the rules and Join the forums before you can post.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
H61MGC potential sound issues
04-02-2012, 07:41 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-04-2012, 01:32 AM by russella.)
H61MGC potential sound issues
I've come across something of an issue, although not an incredibly dire one, so if this isn't the right section to put it in my apologies. I basically made a Tier 2 gaming computer and everything went well getting started up, I however seem to not be getting any sound. I've updated the drivers to the extent that the CD and website provide-- the right version as well -- yet it comes up as static. What I find interesting, is when i've plugged a speaker in, and the scene shifts the static pitch shifts as well, as if it's connecting to something, just not fully processing what it's hearing. Don't know if that makes sense. Have I missed something, is it defective or is it possible the speakers are bad(I doubt this one)?

Much appreciated

04-04-2012, 11:02 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-04-2012, 11:02 AM by Kaid.)
RE: H61MGC potential sound issues
If both headphones and speakers do not work and all you get is static noise, it pretty much sounds as if it were defect.
04-04-2012, 10:45 PM,
An evolution of the situation: I got some very brief sound, which promptly started skipping upon starting up before crashing and creating a dump with the message "the driver is mismanaging System PTEs." I can access Win7 via safe and network modes.

I checked this out: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windo...ed3babc8bf

Which I don't think really helps as, without it I get the message that I need to update my audio driver.

Does this seems like a faulty motherboard or human error?
04-13-2012, 04:25 PM,
Could you upload and attach the dump?
Your friendly forum administrator.