You need to Read the rules and Join the forums before you can post.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Games running in almost bullet time.
03-18-2012, 04:54 PM,
Games running in almost bullet time.
So, some of you might remember I was having a problem with games running in almost bullet time.
Well, it's happening again.

I'll have a video of what I'm talking about up soon.

And if you guys need any specs, or would like to go on teamviewer or something, let me know.

Thanks in advance.
Ok, here's the video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9vpaOWw8...e=youtu.be
Just an update, I found out everything is slower, closing tabs, opening them, everything.
Hardware Revolution Steam group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/Hardwarerev
03-18-2012, 11:24 PM,
RE: Games running in almost bullet time.
This happens to every game? Can you post up your specs?
Desktop: CPU: Intel Core i5 2500 3.30GHz RAM: G.Skill 8GB MOBO: ASRock P67 Extreme4 Gen3 Video Card: SLI MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 460 768 SSD: Corsair Force 3 60GB HDD: Samsung F3 1TB Sound: Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Mouse: Storm Sentinal Z3RO-G Keyboard: Das Keyboard Silent/Filco Majestouch 2 Speakers: Behringer MS-16 Headphones: Alessandro MS-1/Shure SRH440 modded Router: D-Link Xtreme DIR-655 Monitor: Dell Ultrasharp U2312HM De-anti-glared Laptop: Lenovo Thinkpad X120e/Thinkpad T430
03-18-2012, 11:45 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-18-2012, 11:47 PM by Mewist2.)
CPU

Motherbord

GPU

RAM

HDD

PSU

Is that all the specs you need?
03-19-2012, 10:22 AM,
Do a quick check to see if there is bottlenecking anywhere between the CPU and GPU. I would use Afterburner and Windows Task Manager.
Desktop: CPU: Intel Core i5 2500 3.30GHz RAM: G.Skill 8GB MOBO: ASRock P67 Extreme4 Gen3 Video Card: SLI MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 460 768 SSD: Corsair Force 3 60GB HDD: Samsung F3 1TB Sound: Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Mouse: Storm Sentinal Z3RO-G Keyboard: Das Keyboard Silent/Filco Majestouch 2 Speakers: Behringer MS-16 Headphones: Alessandro MS-1/Shure SRH440 modded Router: D-Link Xtreme DIR-655 Monitor: Dell Ultrasharp U2312HM De-anti-glared Laptop: Lenovo Thinkpad X120e/Thinkpad T430
03-19-2012, 01:29 PM,
i "assume" this machine has been in service for at least a year or more. looking at the video it appears to have smooth frame rates and you say that your other apps are slow as well so that probably rules out cpu/gpu problems, maybe. and i would also "assume" that 500 gb drive has plenty on it? other than checking proper memory module slotting/testing, here is what i would do first if someone brought this in for repair:

run maleware/anti-virus if clean then, i would check the drive health making sure it doesnt have any errors. then i would start cleaning that drive with win7, make sure you do system files as well. i will usually run slimcomputer as well after to make sure all the crap temp files, etc is gone. another good utility is CCleaner and they are free.

next and most important is to defrag the drive, and not with just the win7 utility. the reason that hdd's slow down after a while is that all that data being written to the disk, example pagefile, memory dumps, etc. is that it gets spread out over the entire disk over time, and with the outer portion being twice as fast as the inner portion of the disk. the win7 defrag utility just defrags the files not being used by windows.

i use puran defrag to do all defrag jobs as well as install it on builds, and repair jobs. i do believe they offer a full version for free. download it, run and make sure you select disk optimization. what it does is move the most used files back to the outer edge of the disk platter, just like the first time you installed anything on it. not only that but it also defrags the boot files and used files that win7 cant.

good luck, hope this helps.

03-19-2012, 01:34 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-19-2012, 01:35 PM by Phrosty.)
Well I am sorry but you "assume" incorrectly. Mewist just recently in the last few months if I remember correctly built this machine.

edit - Wow so it has been closer to a year than it has a few months. From what i can see he posted that he bought the parts in july 2011. So that is very possible that those are the issues.
Here are some links you may find useful.
Forum Rules - Introduce Yourself - Things to know before asking a question
03-19-2012, 01:35 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-19-2012, 01:38 PM by PwnBroker.)
oh yeah one other thing i forgot to mention, windows need 15 percent of total system drive space free to run effeciently or it will slow to a crawl. with the above post, i also "assume" you havent been tinkering with the pagefile.sys location or size?
(03-19-2012, 01:34 PM)Phrosty Wrote: Well I am sorry but you "assume" incorrectly. Mewist just recently in the last few months if I remember correctly built this machine.

edit - Wow so it has been closer to a year than it has a few months. From what i can see he posted that he bought the parts in july 2011. So that is very possible that those are the issues.

lol, you know what they say about "assume", that is why i placed it quotes. the reason i "assumed" is that it has been out of stock/production for a little while. anyway no harm no foul, just trying to help.

03-19-2012, 02:48 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-19-2012, 02:49 PM by MathieuB.)
Yeah, I would definitely do a virus/spyware scan, those can slow down a system to a crawl.

Check the Task Manager (Ctrl + Alt + Delete) and see if any programs are using a lot of resources (CPU/memory) for no good reason.

Did you update any driver recently? That could be the cause too.

Defrag wouldn't hurt either. I recommend MyDefrag, an excellent freeware.
Laptop: MSI GS30 Shadow-045 Dimensions: 12.6" x 8.9" x 0.8" 2.65lbs CPU: Intel Core i7-4870HQ Quad-Core + Hyper-Threading OC 2.5-3.9GHz RAM: 16GB DDR3 1600MHz Video Card: Intel Iris Pro 5200 Storage: 2x128GB SDD RAID0 Audio: ASUS Xonar U3 USB Sound Card + Audio-Technica ATH-M50 headphones Screen: 13.3" - 1920 x 1080 IPS + 27" Dell P2715Q IPS 3840 x 2160 Keyboard: Filco Majestouch MX Cherry Blue Mouse: Logitech MX518
03-19-2012, 04:07 PM,
Re: Games running in almost bullet time.
Can also try ccleaner

Sent from my rooted EVO 4g using tapatalk.
Here are some links you may find useful.
Forum Rules - Introduce Yourself - Things to know before asking a question
03-19-2012, 05:14 PM,
Yeah, I'm trying every program you guys have suggested, when it's done, I will restart my computer and let you know what happens.