You need to Read the rules and Join the forums before you can post.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What parts do i need for upgrade?
03-17-2012, 12:44 AM,
Information  What parts do i need for upgrade?
Ok so im trying to put together my first upgraded computer. I have a Compaq Presario SR 5605F desktop. standard everything. But i want to have a faster computer for mostly gaming. from the forums ive been reading i beleiev i want a tier 2 computer, a game for example that i wanna play is Star Wars knights of the old republic. http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/CYR...dad96f0d9d so i know i need a better cpu, and video card and some more ram, ive already got my ram cards. So the thing i gotta get that im worried about is the cpu.

My computers standard CPU is the AMD Athlon 64 LE1640. I want to get most likely a Intel i-5 2500 processor. which i compared the 2 on your great site and got this http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/39?vs=288. Obvioulsy huge difference. So i just need to know, can i just switch processors? Would my computer handle this processor? Do i need anything else as well as the processor to make it run? and if there are any better suggestions please offer! thank you all so much!
03-17-2012, 12:59 AM,
RE: What parts do i need for upgrade?
Sounds like you need an entirely new PC minus Hard drive, case (though you should get a new one), disc drives, and maybe some other things I forgot, but you definately can't pair a 2500 with an AMD processor-based motherboard.
03-17-2012, 05:09 AM,
RE: What parts do i need for upgrade?
Sorry but your computer isnt compatible with Intel Processors. If you want the i5 2500 your gonna need a new LGA 1155 motherboard too.

Since you need a new motherboard and well everything, and we dont know whats your budget im gonna assume that building one is no problem.

I would just build a tier 2 computer with in upgrade to an i5 2500 or (tier 3) that would most definitely let you play SWTOR on Very High settings

SWTOR is very CPU dependent so remember a good CPU really helps in this game