You need to Read the rules and Join the forums before you can post.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
computer wont start
02-22-2012, 12:03 PM,
RE: computer wont start
As of now I have sent the mobo and PSU back to newegg for replacement parts. I didn't want the return period to expire, so hopefully, when I get a replacement part it would work.
03-04-2012, 08:29 PM,
Hey guys,

I finally got new parts. I can get everything to startup but I can't get any video output. I didn't get a system speaker with my latest shipment. So I will have to go out tomorrow to find one, but I was wondering if anyone has any advice.
03-05-2012, 03:06 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-05-2012, 03:10 PM by windez.)
Take a look at this earlier thread:
http://forums.hardware-revolution.com/sh...54#pid3454

I hate to reiterate what others have said before, but are you SURE you have the 24-pin ATX connector AS WELL AS the 4/8-pin ATX power connectors connected.

[Image: dsc00048kv.jpg]

See the 2 four pin connectors next to his pinky, make sure that is connected.

You may have already done this, but I'm just trying to attack this from every possible angle.

(03-04-2012, 08:29 PM)thedastardlyone Wrote: Hey guys,

I finally got new parts. I can get everything to startup but I can't get any video output. I didn't get a system speaker with my latest shipment. So I will have to go out tomorrow to find one, but I was wondering if anyone has any advice.

Motherboard speakers:
Ebay $6.35 for 5 | Amazon | Newegg | again eBay -- $2.99 for one
03-06-2012, 10:45 PM,
Yeah I tried it with everything from 4 to 8 pins.

When I got the system speaker, I think I diagnosed the problem to something with the ram. If I have no ram and just the processor I get three beeps which means no RAM. Then If I put RAM in any slot and turn it on no beeps happen. According to the website no beeps mean bad cpu or ram. I also have a dr. debug code of E2 which means video repost.

Can anyone give further advice? Do I just need new RAM?

Thanks for all the help so far.
03-07-2012, 02:20 PM,
RMAing the ram is probably a good idea.
03-09-2012, 01:35 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-09-2012, 01:35 PM by thedastardlyone.)
Hi just had this convo with Asrock tech support. Is their reply is english? I can't tell if I am just too much of a noob, or they did not bother to form a sentence.

Me: I just wanted to ask. What does the video repost Debug code mean? Is there
a problem with my RAM sticks or the mobo?

Asrock supp:
It means being the POST stage it detect all the CPU, memory, video card, and I/O ports make sure all function correctly.
03-09-2012, 02:28 PM,
Re: computer wont start
I don't know if there reply makes sense to your question but basically what they said is it checks all that stuff afterwards. Post meaning after.

Sent from my rooted EVO 4g using tapatalk.
Here are some links you may find useful.
Forum Rules - Introduce Yourself - Things to know before asking a question
04-25-2012, 11:40 AM,
So I sent back my mobo to the manufacturer and received another one that they said was tested.

I actually think it is the same one I sent them and they told me it was tested and works. However I keep getting the same problems. I get the beeps with just the CPU but I get no beeps when I install the RAM. I asked them if my RAM is compatible and they said yes. Everything fires up but my debug gives me the video post code and nothing displays on screen.

The help desk at Asrock doesn't really work with me they just give me the same stock answers over and over again. I am just seeing if you guys have any ideas or know of a different mobo I could buy.
04-25-2012, 11:51 AM,
Your RAM is more than likely compatible, but that doesn't mean that it cannot be defective, which is more than likely the case here.

I'd exchange it for another kit, see if that helps.
Laptop: MSI GS30 Shadow-045 Dimensions: 12.6" x 8.9" x 0.8" 2.65lbs CPU: Intel Core i7-4870HQ Quad-Core + Hyper-Threading OC 2.5-3.9GHz RAM: 16GB DDR3 1600MHz Video Card: Intel Iris Pro 5200 Storage: 2x128GB SDD RAID0 Audio: ASUS Xonar U3 USB Sound Card + Audio-Technica ATH-M50 headphones Screen: 13.3" - 1920 x 1080 IPS + 27" Dell P2715Q IPS 3840 x 2160 Keyboard: Filco Majestouch MX Cherry Blue Mouse: Logitech MX518
04-25-2012, 01:13 PM,
Hey,

I actually did by new RAM and tried that but it didn't work. I guess I bought the same kind thinking it was compatible but could be defective. It didn't work either.