You need to Read the rules and Join the forums before you can post.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
About purchasing parts separately, instead all at once.
11-27-2010, 04:56 AM,
About purchasing parts separately, instead all at once.
Quick question that I posted on the Black Friday post, but figured it'd be more well suited here.

I'm planning on building my PC sometime after Christmas. But seeing the deals on the RAM and the i5 at Newegg's Black Friday (even though the i5 currently out of stock, hoping that Newegg restocks sometime soon), should I go ahead and buy these two parts and wait on the rest, since they're it's cheaper? Or just wait until after my plan to build it after Christmas and buy everything at once?

Only reason I ask is because I have the $$ to get all the parts now if I wanted, but was hoping to wait to have extra $$ in my bank when I do get these parts.

Also, was thinking about getting one of the new Radeon 6850's. Would it be compatible with the current $850 build?

Thanks.
11-27-2010, 05:07 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-27-2010, 05:07 AM by Andrew J.)
RE: About purchasing parts separately, instead all at once.
Sure, as long as you think you can get the rest of the parts within 60 days so you can test them and RMA any broken parts.

The 6850 would be compatible with the $850 build.
Your friendly forum administrator.
11-27-2010, 03:20 PM,
RE: About purchasing parts separately, instead all at once.
If you could pop them into a current pc to verify they are good, you wouldn't have anything to worry about later. If not, just make sure to get the rest in the grace period of the 1st order like Andrew suggested. Good luck on your set up. Hope it all goes on sale.