You need to Read the rules and Join the forums before you can post.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Microcenter - Have any of you bought there?
01-21-2012, 10:24 AM,
Microcenter - Have any of you bought there?
After putting it off for almost a year I am searching parts for a tier 7 (or so) and came across Microcenter.com. Fortunately for me there is a brick and mortar sort of close to me and they have a few items, namely the ASRock Extreme4 and the 15-2500K a few bucks cheaper than Tiger or Newegg.

Has anyone dealt with them before? Should I avoid them for some reason? They seem to have some pretty good deals on clearance and refurb'd items too. Not going that route for PC components... well maybe the PSU... JOKING! but for other items they have some pretty good deals.

http://www.microcenter.com/index.html
01-21-2012, 10:34 AM,
RE: Microcenter - Have any of you bought there?
I've heard good things, it's just you have to be near one and there aren't that many around. So most people don't have the opportunity to buy from them.
Case: Cooler Master HAF 922 CPU: Intel Core i7 2600K OC to 4.5Ghz CPU Cooler: Thermalright Silver Arrow CPU TIM: Thermalright Chill Factor III GPU: GeForce GTX 560 Ti Zotac AMP! SSD: Crucial M4 128GB HDD: Samsung F3 1TB Motherboard: ASRock P67 Extreme 4 Gen 3 RAM: 2x4GB (8GB) Corsair Low Profile 1600MHz Optical Drive: ASUS 24X PSU: 650W Seasonic 80+ Gold Sound Card: None (Integrated) Keyboard: i-rocks KR-6260 Gaming Mouse: Logitch Gaming G500 Monitor: Viewsonic 24" LED-vx2453
01-21-2012, 12:12 PM,
Great place actually. But like Pineappl said, not many around, and you actually have to live near one or be within reasonable driving distance.
01-21-2012, 03:41 PM,
Thank you for the replies. I just walked out of the Micro Center in Houston with an Intel i5 2500K and an ASRock P67 Extreme4 Gen3 for 179.99 and 99.99 respectively. I am a happy camper. I was going to wait a few more weeks and buy everything at once but I just couldn't pass this up. They were on sale and it was their last Extreme4 on the shelf.

Now I HAVE to make a donation to the site since Mathieu and others have helped me so much and I saved around $70!Big Grin

Thank you very much for the help. I am sure I will be back with PSU questions in the not too distant future.
01-21-2012, 06:34 PM,
(01-21-2012, 03:41 PM)Paulsim Wrote: Thank you for the replies. I just walked out of the Micro Center in Houston with an Intel i5 2500K and an ASRock P67 Extreme4 Gen3 for 179.99 and 99.99 respectively. I am a happy camper. I was going to wait a few more weeks and buy everything at once but I just couldn't pass this up. They were on sale and it was their last Extreme4 on the shelf.

Now I HAVE to make a donation to the site since Mathieu and others have helped me so much and I saved around $70!Big Grin

Thank you very much for the help. I am sure I will be back with PSU questions in the not too distant future.

If you are planning a single GPU, amazon has a semi-modular OCZ modxstream 700w PSU on sale now I think. But if you are getting a case the size of a corsair carbide 400r or bigger, I know the 4 pin CPU connector wont reach the mobo if u try to make it look nice with the cable management system in the 400r.