You need to Read the rules and Join the forums before you can post.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Games list, with Tier recommendations (In Progress)
04-30-2012, 12:20 AM,
RE: Games list, with Tier recommendations (In Progress)
This will make this site even more of a success and a GREAT resource for beginner builders. So much info out there is far too complicated and confusing for newbies. I can tell you that your tier building guide was exactly what I needed, but adding performance for games will make this the best single resource for starting builders IMO.
05-04-2012, 08:43 AM,
(04-14-2012, 09:37 PM)tdot Wrote:
(04-12-2012, 07:20 PM)ApexBoost Wrote: I believe that is the plan, he was just trying to compile a list of games from forum members to add to the article.

Additionally, I'd be interested in Guild Wars 2 info as well. I know it's in beta but I'm not sure if any official system requirements have been released yet.

Ok, that's kind of what I assumed, that would be a great addition to this site since so many builders are also gamers.

As for GW2, I know that these are the system requirements:

Windows® XP Service Pack 2 or better • Intel® Core 2 Duo 2.0 GHz, Core i3, AMD Athlon 64 X2, or better • 2 GB RAM • NVIDIA® GeForce® 7800, ATI X1800, Intel HD 3000, or better (256MB of video RAM and shader model 3.0 or better) • 25 GB available HDD space • Broadband Internet connection • Keyboard and mouse

They released that when the pre-purchase became available and it's in the FAQ here: http://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/game-faq/#four

But yeah, I saw this post and GW2 was the first thing that came to mind. I can't help but be extremely excited for this game.

Yes, but keep in mind those are the stated minimum requirements. They do not specify what the recommended requirements would be yet.

Also a note to keep in mind is that for the beta weekend they just had, they have stated somewhere that the game is not yet optimized, and was only dependent on CPU power. It wasn't using the video card hardly at all. So I expect that will change as they keep progressing.
05-07-2012, 11:57 PM,
That's why this guide will be nice to have. Not everyone is going to have the exact setup as what is listed from those minimum or recommended requirements. So like I always use to be, lots of people are left in the dark and confused on how well their computers will play a game.

05-16-2012, 11:12 AM,
Wow this would be great, but also quite an undertaking. Two sites other than metacritic that could help in picking games for future revisions could be NPD's quarterly PC games sales chart and vgchartz sales chart. You can copy and paste the data into a spreadsheet and filter by year, region, etc. So you have the most "mainstream" games included from all genres.

Hope that helps and good luck. Wink
12-22-2012, 06:32 PM,
Borderlands 2?
Case Thermaltake Swordm Motherboard Asus p6x58d premium Ram 12gb corsair vengance Power Suply Ultra x4 1600w monitor Samsung 40" Led optical drive LG blu-ray burner Water Pump PMP-450s Radiator Phobya XTREME quad 480 VRM Waterblock EK-MOSFET ASUS X58 Chipset Waterblock EK-FB ASUS X58 Nickel CPU Waterblock Koolance CPU-370 Hard Drive NA Video Card NA OS Windows 8 pro 64bit mouse logitech MX air/Thermaltake Black Keyboard Logitech g19