You need to Read the rules and Join the forums before you can post.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Motherboards?
11-02-2011, 01:44 PM,
Best Motherboards?
Hello,

I guess this is technically directed at Mathieu, but I was going over motherboard options and realized there is no "Best Motherboards for your Money" article and was wondering if this is a possibility or they are too broad to do.

I could look at the motherboards recommended for the gaming builds but one thing I know I have trouble with is really understanding the differences between them and why certain ones are more expensive when all the main stats look the same.

I currently have an Asus P8Z68-V PRO set as the board for my build (not bought, just my gathered research notes and decided builds). But I'm kinda curious if it's getting outdated, as I chose this board based on a build from another website back in August.

So I was looking for an awesome motherboard list from our man Mathieu and I noticed none existed!
11-02-2011, 02:15 PM,
RE: Best Motherboards?
I was actually planning to do that article after AMD's Bulldozer launched, but actually forgot about it.

Now, there's Intel who will be launching SandyBridge-E CPUs, alongside X79 LGA2011 motherboards, sometime around mid-November, so it would make sense to write such an article in early December, after those new motherboards are launched and had enough time to be reviewed.

The ASUS P8Z68-V PRO is a great motherboard that I'd have no problem recommending, although I would definitely get the ASUS P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3 version, which has been updated to be compatible with PCI-Express and Intel's future IvyBridge CPUs.
Laptop: MSI GS30 Shadow-045 Dimensions: 12.6" x 8.9" x 0.8" 2.65lbs CPU: Intel Core i7-4870HQ Quad-Core + Hyper-Threading OC 2.5-3.9GHz RAM: 16GB DDR3 1600MHz Video Card: Intel Iris Pro 5200 Storage: 2x128GB SDD RAID0 Audio: ASUS Xonar U3 USB Sound Card + Audio-Technica ATH-M50 headphones Screen: 13.3" - 1920 x 1080 IPS + 27" Dell P2715Q IPS 3840 x 2160 Keyboard: Filco Majestouch MX Cherry Blue Mouse: Logitech MX518
11-02-2011, 03:09 PM,
RE: Best Motherboards?
Cool, thanks.

Right now the Gen3 version is the exact same price as the regular one.