You need to Read the rules and Join the forums before you can post.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raid configuration - ctrl-I not working
10-22-2011, 07:36 PM,
Raid configuration - ctrl-I not working
Hi guys,
I have just recently done my second build based on the tier 6 gaming pc

Mobo-asrock z68 extreme4 gen3
CPU- i5 2500
Gpu - 2 x asus 6870 (for xfire)
Hdd - 2 x Samsung 2tb (for raid 1)
Psu - antec 750
Ram - patriot ddr3 1600
Os- windows 7 64 bit

Hardware all seems to be ok and boots successfullly- I am now trying to configure a hardware raid 1 with the 2 samsung 2tb drives but have come unstuck - after going into the bios (uefi) and checking both HDDs are shown I turned on "raid" configuration saved and quit. Seemed to work, I now see the drive post screen with the two drives and the "press ctrl-I to configure raid settings" . However when
I press ctrl-I so as to configure the array nothing happens, system simply continues to boot - I have tried a number of times, rebooting, restoring bios and redoing raid setting in bios etcbutnothing seems tobe working - I even checked the keyboard to make sure the "I" key was working - if anyone can help out I would be grateful
Cheers
10-27-2011, 01:57 PM,
RE: Raid configuration - ctrl-I not working
Check the motherboard's manual to see if you are connecting to the right sata ports.
Laptop: MacBook Pro 13"
Case: Drawer turned to case CPU: Intel Core i3 2100 CPU Cooler: Stock brah GPU: EVGA GTX 460 HDD: Corsair Nova 32GB Motherboard: GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 Z68 RAM: Ripjaw 8GB 1600 Optical Drive: Don't need PSU: 620W Antec Neo ECO. Operating System: OS X Lion/ Windows 7x64