You need to Read the rules and Join the forums before you can post.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Desktop recording software help
10-18-2011, 10:03 PM,
Desktop recording software help
I am looking for an application that will let me record whatever is on my monitor. I tried using fraps and then I realized it is only for games. I need something that can do the same thing (in HD also) as fraps but can be used outside of games. Does anybody have any suggestions? Is what I am asking making any sense? Wink
Here are some links you may find useful.
Forum Rules - Introduce Yourself - Things to know before asking a question
10-18-2011, 10:49 PM,
RE: Desktop recording software help
I've heard good things about Camtasia although I have no personal experience with it.

http://www.techsmith.com/camtasia/

Follow Me on Twitter

CPU: Intel i5 2500k Motherboard: ASRock Extreme 3 Gen 3 Z68 Video Card: Sapphire Radeon 6870 Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8gb Power Supply: Rosewill Hive 550w Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Case: Antec 300 Illusion Monitor: ASUS 23" 5ms 1080p Mouse: Logitech G500
10-18-2011, 11:28 PM,
Oh my goodness, it is awesome. I downloaded the trial and I am watching the demo that comes with it. Looks like this will work perfect for what I need it for Smile. Thank you so much.
10-19-2011, 12:17 AM,
No problem, glad you found it useful!
Follow Me on Twitter

CPU: Intel i5 2500k Motherboard: ASRock Extreme 3 Gen 3 Z68 Video Card: Sapphire Radeon 6870 Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8gb Power Supply: Rosewill Hive 550w Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Case: Antec 300 Illusion Monitor: ASUS 23" 5ms 1080p Mouse: Logitech G500
11-13-2011, 09:00 PM,
Don't know if your still looking for a program, but http://camstudio.org/ is really good, and completely free.
My Rig current status:
Complete!
CPU: Intel i5 2500k. MoBo: ASRock P67 Extreme 4 Gen3. Video Card: EVGA Nvidia 570 Superclocked. Case: CM HAF Midtower. Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD. PSU: Rosewill HIVE Series 650W. RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB
11-13-2011, 09:13 PM,
Thanks for the info Smile. That one is simple and to the point Smile.
12-29-2015, 10:08 PM,
To record your computer screen, you can try this Computer Screen Recorder. It can capture desktop activities, create video tutorials, presentations and record game process with ease. Also, you can select the area of your screen, choose your system and microphone and take screenshot when you’re recording. Here is the step by step guide to show you how to record your computer screen.
http://www.icoolsoft.com/guides/how-to-r...creen.html