You need to Read the rules and Join the forums before you can post.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stuck at boot screen
09-09-2011, 02:45 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-09-2011, 02:58 PM by swtorrig.)
Stuck at boot screen
Just completed my first build - turned it on, everything was smooth, changed boot load to the dvd, popped in windows 7, so far so good.

Windows 7 installs - reboots the machine, but it goes back to the bios splash screen, only now my keyboard input doesnt do anything.

Reset a few times, eventually it gets back to windows where it continues installing. Then it reboots again, back to the bios splash screen, where I cannot do anything. I tried 2 keyboards (1 usb, 1 regular input) - neither work.

My options say "Press F2 or DEL to run UEFI Setup"
"Presss F6 for Instant Flash"
"Press F11 for Boot Menu"
"Press Tab to Switch Screen"

...I cant get it to do anything.

ASRock P67 Extreme4 Mobo, i5 2500K, Crucial M4 64GB SSD, EVGA 560 Ti

...any thoughts?
Quick update - had to unplug my mouse and restart, strange, but incase any newbies like me read this - try that
09-12-2011, 10:59 PM,
RE: Stuck at boot screen
So does it work now or did that fix the keyboard and mouse issue?
Here are some links you may find useful.
Forum Rules - Introduce Yourself - Things to know before asking a question
09-13-2011, 07:03 AM,
(09-12-2011, 10:59 PM)Phrosty Wrote: So does it work now or did that fix the keyboard and mouse issue?

Yes - that did work, not sure why but for some reason having the mouse plugged in made my keyboard not function. After unplugging my mouse, I was able to use it again.
09-26-2011, 04:51 PM,
I had a strange issue with sleep and the usb mouse sometimes ago with Asus motherboard. Sleep works but can only resume if mouse is disconnected.
Do you remember the Dr. Debug code? Have you tried cmos reset? Is booting into windows fine now?
Laptop: MacBook Pro 13"
Case: Drawer turned to case CPU: Intel Core i3 2100 CPU Cooler: Stock brah GPU: EVGA GTX 460 HDD: Corsair Nova 32GB Motherboard: GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 Z68 RAM: Ripjaw 8GB 1600 Optical Drive: Don't need PSU: 620W Antec Neo ECO. Operating System: OS X Lion/ Windows 7x64
09-27-2011, 11:54 AM,
Sorry dont remember the debug code - but no issues now with booting. I was able to complete the windows install and change the boot to the HDD instead of optical drive and havent had any issues since.