You need to Read the rules and Join the forums before you can post.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem! My PC Freezing during use!
09-08-2011, 08:49 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-08-2011, 08:49 PM by PC Gamer.)
Problem! My PC Freezing during use!
Hey everyone it's been a long time I wrote in this forum. The first PC build I build myself, has been awesome!. I apologize I haven't shown Pic of it. But I been busy, I couldn't have time to take Pic much. Plus I forget it at times. Sorry let me get to what I need help on.

You see today I was using my pc, but for some reason it freeze up on me, nothing work the mouse or keyboard but. The restart button did, so I had to restart. Then everything runs fine, but again it happens. Now it's not right now, but I'm worry if this keeps happening it's going to make me loose data I have.

I don't know what is making this problem, I ask Andrew J already. he try to help me, which in case you see this post Andrew again thanks for trying to help. So he told me to post here for more help plus the problem codes. I have found two recent ones that happen today for me, so I really hope you guys be able to help & I hope it doesn't mean I got to replace something. Well here the codes: http://pastebin.com/dq2N4vnZ And the other one : http://pastebin.com/kfcx3cxT

Please let me know when you guys can, I be so grateful for the help. Well see you all later Smile Also in case this was already mention before, sorry. I check around the forums but couldn't find anything for my problem.
09-09-2011, 07:15 AM,
RE: Problem! My PC Freezing during use!
This could be a RAM issue, so let's test for that first.

Can you run MemTest86+ ( http://www.memtest.org/ ) overnight and tell me if you get any errors? Thanks.
Laptop: MSI GS30 Shadow-045 Dimensions: 12.6" x 8.9" x 0.8" 2.65lbs CPU: Intel Core i7-4870HQ Quad-Core + Hyper-Threading OC 2.5-3.9GHz RAM: 16GB DDR3 1600MHz Video Card: Intel Iris Pro 5200 Storage: 2x128GB SDD RAID0 Audio: ASUS Xonar U3 USB Sound Card + Audio-Technica ATH-M50 headphones Screen: 13.3" - 1920 x 1080 IPS + 27" Dell P2715Q IPS 3840 x 2160 Keyboard: Filco Majestouch MX Cherry Blue Mouse: Logitech MX518
09-09-2011, 03:48 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-09-2011, 04:04 PM by PC Gamer.)
(09-09-2011, 07:15 AM)MathieuB Wrote: This could be a RAM issue, so let's test for that first.

Can you run MemTest86+ ( http://www.memtest.org/ ) overnight and tell me if you get any errors? Thanks.

Sure, Mathieu. I'll do it today and let you know after words. But before I go, um how do I run it? There to many files to download, I don't know which one is which to get to make, so I can run it. I got windows 7. Also is this site safe & reliable to use? I apologize for asking, I'm just trying to keep my pc safe from viruses and stuff. Also it seem to say pre-build ISO & BIOs is it going to replace my Bios and ISO? I'm really concern about it, that's why I'm asking it now because. I don't want my BIOS Or ISO to be change, because of a program I install. So Mathieu, can you explain about this more better. I apologize I'm new that site & what to do in using it.

Thank you Mathieu for helping me. Again I'm grateful for the help.
09-09-2011, 04:59 PM,
Got to this page: http://www.memtest.org/#downiso
download the auto-installer for USB key, install to USB key, reboot PC and make sure that the USB key is the first thing on the boot order for the test to run.
Laptop: MSI GS30 Shadow-045 Dimensions: 12.6" x 8.9" x 0.8" 2.65lbs CPU: Intel Core i7-4870HQ Quad-Core + Hyper-Threading OC 2.5-3.9GHz RAM: 16GB DDR3 1600MHz Video Card: Intel Iris Pro 5200 Storage: 2x128GB SDD RAID0 Audio: ASUS Xonar U3 USB Sound Card + Audio-Technica ATH-M50 headphones Screen: 13.3" - 1920 x 1080 IPS + 27" Dell P2715Q IPS 3840 x 2160 Keyboard: Filco Majestouch MX Cherry Blue Mouse: Logitech MX518
09-15-2011, 05:33 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-17-2011, 06:52 PM by PC Gamer.)
Hey Mathieu, how are you? Sorry I apologize for taking long to reply, I was busy the last reply I sent. But I just did what you said about that memtest program. I went & used it, I check it after ward when I woke up in the morning. all the test it gave the ram, pass a lot. No errors at all.

But before I use the memtest yesterday, I went & did my normal thing. Because I do open a lot of stuff that would be mutily tasking. Not a lot but I play online a game with my cousin & then put a last.fm radio station while playing the game, could that make it freeze like that? If so, would getting more ram be a good option? If it's not the problem of me doing muilty things, then is it something else? The game I play is Champions online.

I remember Andrew I ask him for help, he ask if I had the same Graphic card from when I build this pc. I told him what I was going through with the video card that in games I get the shutter graphic glitching on background at times. I was plainning to upgrade it, but I might just send a RMA to the company to get a replacement. Just wondering if that could be the problem? Also I read some where online that what happen to make a pc freeze up on people is ether, like you mention ram, or window regtrsy or a virus. I scan my pc full I did found some that try to harm my pc. But I deleted them to be rid of, but still I'm guessing it might be the windows regtrsy or maybe I need more ram if I'm going to muilty task.

I really hope you can help me Mathieu. Thanks again for all your help.

(Edited) Today I was on the Pc, it's been a while my pc freeze up. But today it happen again. I don't know why but I didn't muilty task much, yesterday I did. But nothing happen, but when I was surfing the web I went to two sites then I close one after I was going to click to go into a site. It freeze on me, I had to restart my pc to un freeze it. I still don't know what to do, what can I do to solve this problem?