You need to Read the rules and Join the forums before you can post.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Asrock h67m problem
08-29-2011, 11:24 AM,
Asrock h67m problem
I recently purchased an Asrock h67m mobo, it worked perfectly fine for about 2 weeks but this morning i turned it on and the screen res was way off and when i go into the device manager i get this:
[Image: devicemgr.th.png]

I know the "unknown device" is my gtx 560, but several of the intel drivers are showing errors. any help would be appreciated Smile
<insert clever sig>
08-29-2011, 12:11 PM,
RE: Asrock h67m problem
My only thought would be is go to there site and redownload the correct drivers. I think intel has a "wizard" download that will scan your drivers and hardware and it will download the correct drivers for what you need. However, like I said that would be my only advice I could give.
Here are some links you may find useful.
Forum Rules - Introduce Yourself - Things to know before asking a question
08-29-2011, 11:43 PM,
It appears to be related to your graphics drivers. Are you using the integrated GPU or a discrete card? Did you recently switch some BIOS settings between the two?
08-30-2011, 09:38 AM,
I haven't made any BIOS changes and I am using a GTX 560 with standard Nvidia drivers, I shut the computer down at night and in the morning the problem appeared. I have since uninstalled all Intel drivers and i went to the mobo manufactures website and downloaded the latest Intel INF driver for my mobo, after installing the problem seems to have corrected itself. Still very weird tho.
<insert clever sig>
08-30-2011, 01:02 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-30-2011, 01:04 PM by Jorgisven.)
I'd double check to make sure you aren't still using the integrated GPU on that H67. An H67 motherboard is designed to utilize Sandy Bridges integrated Intel HD Graphics 2000 (On Intels i5-2300, i5-2400, i5-2500, i7-2600) and Intel HD Graphics 3000 (On Intels i5-2500K, and i7-2600K). Right-click on the desktop, go to screen resolution, it should say something like 1. Your monitor model on nVidia GTX 560 (or something like that). If it says it's on Intel, it's using your integrated chip.

Also, check in your BIOS where it sets default video. I'm not quite familiar with your BIOS to navigate you directly. Even older motherboards you could set PCIe or PCI as the default boot graphics. There's likely something similar, but I haven't used the H67 much at all.