You need to Read the rules and Join the forums before you can post.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please Help I am new and think I know the problem
08-13-2011, 07:18 PM,
RE: Please Help I am new and think I know the problem
Ha I just replaced the motherboard with a new board and even threw in a new 4GB RAM card just for testing purposes Angel

I took the original PSU out of the old mobo and placed it into the new mobo with the new card in slot 1.

I just tried to start it out of the case and now the CPU fan doesn't even start Big Grin So I am trouble shooting that problem. It might very well end up with me having to buy a new CPU as well- what a disaster! ha.

08-13-2011, 07:35 PM,
The CPU fan not starting is irrelevant to the CPU's functionality. I highly recommend you contact Gigabyte tech support and see if they can resolve it here: http://www.gigabyte.com/support-download...pport.aspx
Your friendly forum administrator.
08-13-2011, 08:42 PM,
Haha oh gosh just to go to the store to buy another bad mobo. I really hope that isn't the case. I went ahead and submitted a ticket with them.

I will follow up here when I learn more! Thanks for your help.

08-14-2011, 11:35 AM,
UPDATE: Well I got the fan to work! However I am still having the same problem (no signal detected on my monitor). I took a closer look at my CPU and I think I have some bent pins Sad Probably from my earlier struggles and from constantly removing and refitting it to the mobo.

08-24-2011, 12:59 PM,
Bent pins would be the culprit. Everywhere I go and watch techs, all the professors I have had, everyone is always yelling and pounding into our heads, zero insertion force on the processors and use kid gloves when putting on the cooler, and always install the back plate for the cooler on the bottom of the motherboard.

Tier 6-Antec Nine Hundred Black Steel Case/ASRock P67 EXTREME4 G Intel Motherboard/Antec 620W 80+/Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz (3.7GHz Turbo Boost) 4 x 256KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache/CORSAIR 120mm Dual-Fan CPU Cooler/G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2133 (PC3 17000)/SAPPHIRE 100314-3L Radeon HD 6870 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card/SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 1TB 7200 RPM Internal Hard Dri/ASUS DRW-24B1ST/24X DVD Burner