You need to Read the rules and Join the forums before you can post.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hyper 212 install issue. or maybe not!
07-29-2011, 11:42 PM,
hyper 212 install issue. or maybe not!
So i recently finished putting together a tier 2 pc (my first build, yay!) and came across an issue with installing the cooler master hyper 212 fan.

I must have tried both positions that were considered acceptable by the directions (front to back, and whatever the other one was). It seemed the problem had to do with the compatibility with the retention module and it successfully going over the heatsink. Alone, i could screw in the retention module. But when i came to screwing it in while the base of the heatsink was under the module, it was like it was slightly too high to screw all four screws into the backplate...i got maybe 2 in at most, but i could never screw in an additional screw diagonally across from one because as i screwed in the first (wherever i started first), it raised the retention module up like a seesaw i guess, over the heatsink...so if one side was in, the other side was sticking out slightly out of reach. This was ONLY when the heatsink was under the retention module.

So i ended up only using the stock CPU fan, because it actually worked for me. The only worry i have is that it wont be enough for me, but then again im not by any means a heavy gamer. The biggest things i run on my pc are Live 7 (a music production prog), and Battle For Middle Earth...a game that came out a few years ago!

Should i try again or just leave it?
07-30-2011, 07:26 AM,
RE: hyper 212 install issue. or maybe not!
What kind, AMD or Intel, do you have?

What type of socket?

Have you Googled an installation video that could help you?
07-30-2011, 03:16 PM,
its a Phenom II X4 965 Black AM3 3.4Ghz
Socket Am3 (941 pin)

And yes, Googled a half-dozen videos that were no help with the issue i had.
07-30-2011, 05:41 PM,
I have the Cooler Master Hyper 212+ with AM3 and had the same problem. You need to screw each one in just a little bit then tighten them up. It requires a lot of force, easier to do if you have two people.
Your friendly forum administrator.
07-30-2011, 07:00 PM,
OK. good to know other ppl had the same issue. so under the circumstances, I'm good with just the stock CPU fan yeh? i mean i don't plan on overclocking or running this thing to its full capacity anytime soon.
07-30-2011, 07:00 PM,
Yeah stock should do fine.
Your friendly forum administrator.