You need to Read the rules and Join the forums before you can post.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First time building a computer
07-28-2011, 10:17 PM,
First time building a computer
Hi. First off let me tell you that your site is great. Provided a lot of information that even a noob like me can understand. Anyways i just have a question about the builds. I am on a budget of around 600-700. I was look at the tier 2.5 and 3.0 gaming computer builds.
My question is, if i took away the ssd on the tier 3.0 gaming computer, how will that compare to the tier 2.0 and 2.5 builds? I personally am new to a gaming computer let alone building one so i dont really want to go into overclocking and stuff. I am looking at the tier 3 build and it seems to save me a lot of money because i dont need to buy another cpu cooler and such. so pretty much what i want to know is if a tier 3 computer without the ssd will still perform better than a tier 2.5 computer.
07-29-2011, 12:49 AM,
RE: First time building a computer
Without the SSD, they both have pretty close performance to each others.

Go with the SSD-less tier 3 if you want to upgrade to intel later (Sandy Bridge is currently better than AMD)

Go with tier 2 if you want to upgrade to bulldozer in the future (it might be better than Sandy Bridge).
Laptop: MacBook Pro 13"
Case: Drawer turned to case CPU: Intel Core i3 2100 CPU Cooler: Stock brah GPU: EVGA GTX 460 HDD: Corsair Nova 32GB Motherboard: GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 Z68 RAM: Ripjaw 8GB 1600 Optical Drive: Don't need PSU: 620W Antec Neo ECO. Operating System: OS X Lion/ Windows 7x64