You need to Read the rules and Join the forums before you can post.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HELP TO FIND NEW PC CASE & MOTHERBOARD
08-03-2011, 09:30 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-03-2011, 10:24 AM by dede27.)
RE: HELP TO FIND NEW PC CASE & MOTHERBOARD
(07-26-2011, 06:29 PM)Andrew J Wrote: There's no way that the fans on that case use 150W, whoever told you that is full of it. It's a solid case.

What's your budget for the motherboard?

Hello!
I had read somewhere where it said the case's electronics used 150w.
Unfortunately I did not make a note of the URL.

I'd like to spend $200 to a maximum of $300 for a motherboard. I am interested in Sandy Bridge with Z68, USB3.0, hot swap, eSata and for a Intel i72600K CPU.

Dede

(07-26-2011, 06:29 PM)Andrew J Wrote: There's no way that the fans on that case use 150W, whoever told you that is full of it. It's a solid case.

I had read somewhere that just the electonics used 150W. Unfortunately I did not bookmark the site.

I'd like to spend $200 and the very most $300 for the motherboard. I want a Sandy Bridge with Z68 for an Inte i7 2600K CPU and the connections for the items mentioned in my first posting.

What are your thoughts on the Asus P8z68-V Rro? Would the Asus P8Z68 Delux motherboard be a better choice?

I an open to other suggestions for the motherboard. In fact, I would welcome the suggestions and reasons why very much!
08-03-2011, 11:53 AM,
(07-27-2011, 05:25 AM)R!ch@rd Wrote: I built my PC with this board. Asus P8Z68-V On board power button came in handy when I did my test build outside the case. There's also a Pro version that's a little more pricey, but has extra 6 Gb/s ports and a firewire port. UEFI BIOS is also nice.

Thank you very much, Richard!

I have been interested in that board and wondered what was different in the Pro version. Now I know thanks to you.

I am also interested in the Asus P8 Z68 Deluxe motherboard. Do you know what it has that the Pro version does not ?

What makes the UEFI nice? As I said before, I am new at PC building so I ask questions that may sound to knowledgeable people.
08-03-2011, 07:46 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-03-2011, 07:48 PM by Andrew J.)
UEFI is replacing the BIOS and it adds the ability to use your mouse, looks more pretty, and comes with all LGA 1155 motherboards.

Here's a direct comparison between the Pro and Deluxe motherboards: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Productcom...131-701-TS

Interestingly the Pro seems better in a few regards, slightly better integrated audio controller and updated Bluetooth.
Your friendly forum administrator.
08-07-2011, 02:48 PM,

I wish I could remember where saw the part about 150W but I don't remember.

I would like to spend $250 but I will go to $300.
08-07-2011, 02:52 PM,
Consider the ASUS Z68 Deluxe then.
08-10-2011, 02:20 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-10-2011, 02:26 PM by dede27.)
(07-27-2011, 12:24 PM)van13330gg Wrote: What kind of processor do you have already?

I would go with this deluxe z68 motherboard for that kind of money.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6813131753

This would be the most beautiful case you ever have and need, the Haf 912 advance. The middle hdd case is removable and you can take the SSD cage on the bottom and mount in on top of the bottom HDD cage. The cable management is really nice; you have a lot of room on the back to route and store cables.
http://cmstore.coolermaster-usa.com/prod...cts_id=613

Dede here. Thanks for the help!

I have an Inte i72600K CPU in mind.

Please forgive me, folks,for being so untimely in my repliies.I have been having problems with my PC for weeks! It is extremely slow, when I write answers and before I am done, they disappear into cyberspace,
not only that, I get freezes and crashes.

So far today, it seems to work but slowly. I hope I can catch up on my replies.

I do like the Asus P8z68 deluxe mobo you recommended. However, as I said I am a newbe. So, would this board be too much? What does it have that the Pro version does not have?

08-10-2011, 02:32 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-10-2011, 02:34 PM by van13330gg.)
It kinda depends of what you do and the money you have.

Higher version of a board gives you more room to expand, more room for graphics card (up to 3 for tri sli) for the delux.

If you just play games then the pro version (or even lower) and an i5 2500k would be more than satisfying for you. You might need more if you do video editing and such.

Do you have a sizable SSD or a small one?
Do you plan to overclock?
What are the other components you already have?
Laptop: MacBook Pro 13"
Case: Drawer turned to case CPU: Intel Core i3 2100 CPU Cooler: Stock brah GPU: EVGA GTX 460 HDD: Corsair Nova 32GB Motherboard: GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 Z68 RAM: Ripjaw 8GB 1600 Optical Drive: Don't need PSU: 620W Antec Neo ECO. Operating System: OS X Lion/ Windows 7x64
08-10-2011, 02:50 PM,
(08-03-2011, 07:46 PM)Andrew J Wrote: UEFI is replacing the BIOS and it adds the ability to use your mouse, looks more pretty, and comes with all LGA 1155 motherboards.

Here's a direct comparison between the Pro and Deluxe motherboards: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Productcom...131-701-TS

Interestingly the Pro seems better in a few regards, slightly better integrated audio controller and updated Bluetooth.

Andrew: Thank you so much for your information!

Please forgive me, folks,for being so untimely in my repliies.I have been having problems with my PC for weeks! It is extremely slow, when I write answers and before I am done, they disappear into cyberspace,
not only that, I get freezes and crashes.

So far today, it seems to work but slowly. I hope I can catch up on my replies.

I was impressed on how you set up the New Egg review of the two mobos side by side! One was a P67 version which I understand is still popular. The article I read did not say why they are popular. Do you know why?

I am interested in the Z68 boards. Would you please tell me how to set up the page the way you did at New Egg? This time I'd like to see an Asus P8Z68 deluxe mobo compared to an Asus P8Z68-V Pro mobo.

Again, thank you for you help!
Dede

08-10-2011, 03:08 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-10-2011, 03:16 PM by Andrew J.)
I selected the Motherboard category, then Intel Motherboards, then clicked on ASUS. I found the two motherboards, clicked the "Compare" checkbox right under their picture, and hit the compare button near the top of the page. I'll make screenshots if you need.

>I was impressed on how you set up the New Egg review of the two mobos side by side! One was a P67 version which I understand is still popular. The article I read did not say why they are popular. Do you know why?

Z68 gives you all the benefits of P67 (overclocking) and allows you to use the integrated graphics like H67 and H61 do. Additionally it has a feature called SSD Caching but it's not terribly useful.
08-11-2011, 12:39 AM,
All the z68 boards by asus combined here.

I still don't see a reason to go with z68. As Andrew mentioned, SSD cache doesn't do anything really. Also, if you are going with a discrete graphics card, why not use it?
Laptop: MacBook Pro 13"
Case: Drawer turned to case CPU: Intel Core i3 2100 CPU Cooler: Stock brah GPU: EVGA GTX 460 HDD: Corsair Nova 32GB Motherboard: GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 Z68 RAM: Ripjaw 8GB 1600 Optical Drive: Don't need PSU: 620W Antec Neo ECO. Operating System: OS X Lion/ Windows 7x64