You need to Read the rules and Join the forums before you can post.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Next Gen games=30fps cap and higher VRAM
10-21-2014, 12:06 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-21-2014, 12:10 PM by Rapajez.)
RE: Next Gen games=30fps cap and higher VRAM
I read about that 30FPS cap. I think that "cinematic look" is just PR BS talk for "we're building for consoles". I can't think of a single game/movie that looks better at 30 FPS then 60.

I'm hoping the 4GB of VRAM is just to max out AA or something? That's crazy. Sounds like a lot of 4GB cards just became a better option for 1080p. Hopefully the 960 will still be 4GB.

(10-15-2014, 06:56 PM)Dan-H Wrote: Yeah I saw the ubisoft post and couldn't decide which console I should buy?

ex-box; a weeee-U or a play-doh station. cheaper than the graphics card I want and I can play mario kart.

Not sure if you're serious, but if it's between those 3, I'd go X-bone. Better integration with PCs, Home Theater, and better online services in general. I like the idea of gaming in one window, and DVR-ing a show in the other. Or watching a show in one and Skyping in the other. It runs 2 OS's to accomplish that. (Our living room includes my wife and a baby, so the TV is hotly contended.)

While the Wii-U has some fun exclusives, they're so far behind in online content, it's not even funny. The PS4 is still a little behind on the online services, and exclusive content, IMHO, and doesn't have all the infotainment bells and whistles (which I actually use, not everyone will).
GPU: NVIDIA Titan X, CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz OC'd @ 4.5GHz, Mobo: ASRock Z77 Extreme4, Mem: 2x Corsair Dominator 2133MHz 8GB, SSD: Samsung 850 EVO, Case: Corsair Carbide 500R, PSU: Corsair TX850M, CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14, Case Fans: 4x Cooler Master Excalibur 120mm PWM, Monitors: 3x ViewSonic VX2270SMH-LED in NVIDIA Surround

Messages In This Thread
RE: Next Gen games=30fps cap and higher VRAM - by Rapajez - 10-21-2014, 12:06 PM