You need to Read the rules and Join the forums before you can post.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quiet/Buzzing freezes, BSODs, Random Resets, Occurs during lengthy downloads
03-06-2014, 07:15 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-30-2014, 03:55 PM by JCD-Bionicman.)
Quiet/Buzzing freezes, BSODs, Random Resets, Occurs during lengthy downloads
http://forums.hardware-revolution.com/sh...p?tid=3631

This problem was never really solved.

If you look throughout the thread, memory and heating are definitely ruled out. This is definitely a gpu problem though. Lowering settings on games makes this a less occurring problem noticeably.

While playing Bionic Commando lowering the resolution stops freezes. Lowering some intensive settings on other games also helps, such as Blood Dragon.

Currently I'm trying to beat The Witcher and while the game runs like butter mostly lately I've been gettings lockups.

I figured I wouldn't necro the other thread since a lot of the comments there including mine are useless and simply crowd up the thread.

Possible problems I perceive are power supply insufficiencies and/or problems created from the gpu I have being superclocked.

Since the problem definitely stems from the gpu being under load, whether that's some unseen operation/software/whatever problem, or whether it has to do with power, downclocking the gpu would definitely lessen or eliminate the problem.

I thought I'd see what you guys had to say first. I'd also need help downclocking as I've no idea how to.

The only thing resembling a clear direction I could go in was this:

"you need to troubleshoot that ntoskrnl.exe stop 0x0124 error, this will help:

http://www.sevenforums.com/crash-lockup-...t-try.html"
Mother: ASUS P8B75-M LE CPU: i3-3220
RAM: 2x F3-10666CL9-4GBNT Drive:WD5000AAKX
Video: R7 265 PSU: Antec VP-450 Case:FBM-01

Messages In This Thread
Quiet/Buzzing freezes, BSODs, Random Resets, Occurs during lengthy downloads - by JCD-Bionicman - 03-06-2014, 07:15 AM