You need to Read the rules and Join the forums before you can post.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CMOS Fail
09-29-2012, 10:13 AM,
CMOS Fail
So I made pretty much a Tier 4 Mainstream back in June. Only changes being:

NZXT HALE90 80 Plus Gold 850 Watt Power Supply with Modular Cable
EVGA GTX 670 FTW
SAMSUNG EcoGreen F4 HD204UI 2TB
SAMSUNG 830 Series 2.5-Inch 256GB SATA III
Corsair 600T

It has been running well (really enjoying my games), but with a few hickups I wanted to write in and check on. I'm not proficient enough to really know about these. When it boots up, on the second splash screen it references a CMOS Fail. I haven't done anything with this, as it pretty much just pauses there for a second and proceeds normally into Windows and seems to work fine.

The second thing I notice is that when I am accessing data on the HDD, it seems to take a while, like it's coming out of sleep mode. I have my programs like iTunes, games etc loaded on the SSD, and the data files like my music library loaded onto the HDD. So like when I click a song to play in iTunes for the first time in a while during a session, it takes a three or four count and I hear an audible click before it starts playing. Is this a bad sign for my HDD?

And third I just got a random BSOD this morning. 0x0000007E with SYMEFA64.SYS. Which I am guessing has something to do with Norton Anti-Virus.

I just wanted to check with the people who know what they are doing to see if these are issues that need to be fixed and how I can fix them. Thanks in advance for the help.

Messages In This Thread
CMOS Fail - by DinkMeeker - 09-29-2012, 10:13 AM
RE: CMOS Fail - by ichigeki - 10-01-2012, 01:08 PM