You need to Read the rules and Join the forums before you can post.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hybrid SSD questions
04-11-2012, 07:14 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-11-2012, 07:33 PM by Larriman.)
RE: Hybrid SSD questions
(04-11-2012, 10:42 AM)MathieuB Wrote: - It's no where as fast as a SSD, but significantly faster than a HDD most of the time. Considering the capacity and price for it, I say that it's good value.
- As far as I know, they are as reliable or even a tad more reliable than the average hard drive.
- You'd have to double-check this, but I believe so.

Ok thanks, i always thought they looked good. i just wanted someone with more knowledge on the subject. also I found this on anandtech: "The data in the NAND remains persistent across power cycles, however not formats or defrags. You still have to defragment the drive, but doing so resets the drive's learning back to zero. Defragmenting less often is the only real solution.

It's not a huge problem because the drive learns pretty quickly. By the second time you do anything the Momentus XT is usually a lot faster at the task assuming Seagate's algorithms pull any of the data you're accessing into its on-board NAND."
well thanks again,

ps. i found this drive for $215 online (Australian) is it still worth it? also while i'm on the subject any opinions as far as the corsair accelerator series drives (for a distant desktop build)

Larriman

Messages In This Thread
Hybrid SSD questions - by Larriman - 04-10-2012, 09:11 PM
RE: Hybrid SSD questions - by MathieuB - 04-11-2012, 10:42 AM
RE: Hybrid SSD questions - by Larriman - 04-11-2012, 07:14 PM
Hybrid SSD questions - by mwhals - 04-11-2012, 09:09 PM
RE: Hybrid SSD questions - by Brian - 04-11-2012, 09:12 PM