You need to Read the rules and Join the forums before you can post.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Critique of first build
12-28-2011, 01:36 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-28-2011, 01:39 AM by weirdguy.)
RE: Critique of first build
Bare drive means that it doesn't come with documentation or accessories like cables and such. You will usually get stuff to mount the drive with the case, but you may need to get a cable to go with it, depending on how the supplies work out. It's not that hard to find one if you do end up short.

Other than that, I am running an identical set up, and the only real difference is that I'm using the HAF 922 case because I managed to get enough cut rate deals to go overkill on the case (cooler master "midtower" is kind of overkill for anything, really), and that the RAM cards don't have tall heatsinks, which may or may not get in the way when you are running power cables around and stuff.

You may want to compare prices on amazon, just to make sure you're getting a good deal, including shipping. You may also indulge in some epic case comparison and shopping if you enjoy spending hours looking at pretty cases. Amazon has a lot of good pictures if you like seeing the insides of things, and user pictures are handy references.

Messages In This Thread
Critique of first build - by grpeacock - 12-26-2011, 11:07 PM
RE: Critique of first build - by weirdguy - 12-28-2011, 01:36 AM
RE: Critique of first build - by bigwig001 - 12-28-2011, 08:11 AM
RE: Critique of first build - by grpeacock - 12-28-2011, 01:40 PM