HR Forums
DRAM LED Light - Printable Version

+- HR Forums (http://forums.hardware-revolution.com)
+-- Forum: Computer Building (http://forums.hardware-revolution.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Troubleshooting (http://forums.hardware-revolution.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: DRAM LED Light (/showthread.php?tid=827)

DRAM LED Light - Tiarnangc - 04-25-2011

Hey all,

So I had walked away from my computer for about 15 minutes and it went into sleep mode. When I came back and tried to wake it up, it wouldn't display anything on the screen and the DRAM LED light was lit (I didn't realize the DRAM LED light was lit till after rebooting the first time). Now I know my tv is working fine since I've been using the screen and the computer for the past 2 weeks and a half perfectly fine. I had gone into my mobo manual and all it says for the LED light was to press the MemOK! button till the light flashed. I pressed it and the light stayed continuous. Does anyone know why or how this happened?

I have the asus sabertooth p67 and G.Skill Sniper 8gb 2x4gb 1600mhz.

Thanks for future posts Smile

RE: DRAM LED Light - Andrew J - 04-25-2011

Sounds normal, my DRAM LED light goes on during boot, possibly during sleep too but I've never checked. Just make sure you have awake from sleep by keyboard enabled in the BIOS/EFI.

RE: DRAM LED Light - Tiarnangc - 04-25-2011

(04-25-2011, 02:27 PM)Andrew J Wrote: Sounds normal, my DRAM LED light goes on during boot, possibly during sleep too but I've never checked. Just make sure you have awake from sleep by keyboard enabled in the BIOS/EFI.

Are you sure its normal, because after trying to reboot I got a warning/error message that basically said windows didn't boot properly. It gave me two selections to choose from, I can't remember exactly what it said or what the options were, but I think it said something about delete restoration data and do a system boot or retry resuming windows or something like that. The computer wouldn't start up windows, it kept going to a command prompt with a under-dash (something that looked like this _) blinking continuously. The _ would just sit there for a couple minutes then disappear and the screen would go blank, and I couldn't do anything but reset the computer. Eventually I got it working again after hitting delete restoration data and do system reboot. It launched windows and everything, but I still wanna know why this happened and if it could cause any damage over time.

RE: DRAM LED Light - Andrew J - 04-26-2011

Yeah that means you didn't shut down windows properly. Same thing will probably happen if you hold down the power button while in Windows. (Don't do this—it causes file fragmentation) Did you check your BIOS/EFI settings?

RE: DRAM LED Light - MathieuB - 04-26-2011

That's a perfectly normal message that you get from rebooting your PC after going into sleep or hibernate, instead of waking up/resuming.

Like Andrew said, check your BIOS/EFI for the sleep settings.

RE: DRAM LED Light - Tiarnangc - 04-26-2011

I never found anything in the BIOS about waking from sleep by keyboard, but I did see a power on by keyboard, I thought that was to actually power on the computer when its completely off?

RE: DRAM LED Light - MathieuB - 04-26-2011

That should be it, although you can check your motherboard manual to confirm.

RE: DRAM LED Light - adammonsen - 10-29-2011

I have the question. How do you fix it?

(04-25-2011, 01:56 PM)Tiarnangc Wrote: Hey all,

So I had walked away from my computer for about 15 minutes and it went into sleep mode. When I came back and tried to wake it up, it wouldn't display anything on the screen and the DRAM LED light was lit (I didn't realize the DRAM LED light was lit till after rebooting the first time). Now I know my tv is working fine since I've been using the screen and the computer for the past 2 weeks and a half perfectly fine. I had gone into my mobo manual and all it says for the LED watches light was to press the MemOK! button till the light flashed. I pressed it and the light stayed continuous. Does anyone know why or how this happened?

I have the asus sabertooth p67 and G.Skill Sniper 8gb 2x4gb 1600mhz.

Thanks for future posts Smile