HR Forums

Full Version: Wanting to get the most bang for my buck with a build
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm primarily a console gamer, so this doesn't need to be a high-end gaming PC. But I'm going to need a new general-use PC anyway, and I have a few Steam games my current PC will not play (Star Wars The Force Unleashed, Star Wars The Force Unleashed II, etc). I'd like a build that includes a CPU, motherboard, RAM, HDD, video card, and case in it for about $400-$550. Like I said, just trying to get the most bang for my buck that will play TFU really high settings, and maybe as new as Titanfall on low settings.
Welcome,

What resolution will you be gaming at, and have you checked out the tiered builds?

http://www.hardware-revolution.com/best-...-shipping/

The budget builds seems to be aligned to your budget.
I have looked at them, but I'm not exactly the most knowledgeable on these things.
Do you need to buy an OS? Keep in mind, that can add up to $100 to the build.

What is the native resolution of your monitor? This is important, as games (and everything else) will look bad if not set to match the native resolution, and the higher the resolution, the more powerful the video card and PC in general need to be.

That said, the link above is still your best bet, as most of those recommendations fit your budget, and haven't changed since the article was written. The "Tier 1" should be able to play TFU without issue and Titanfall with a lot of settings (especially AA) tuned down at 1080p (HD).