HR Forums

Full Version: Steam Sale
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I believe the steam sale starts tomorrow, and I'm starting to gather a list of games I want to pick up. what games do you guys have your eyes on?

Stanley Parable
Papers, Please
Far cry 3
Mass Effect 3(Origin)
Bioshock Infinite
Metro Last Light
Dead Island Riptide
steam buy more play lessTongue
There's a lot of games that I'm not 100% interested in, but they support Surround/Eyefinitey natively, and I'd pick up if they were on sale:
  • Assassins Creed IV: I love naval history/warfare
  • Dues Ex: Directors Cut
  • Anno 2070: Like SimCity but better graphics and not an awful reboot
  • Wargame: AirLand Battle (Super realistic RTS)

These are some others I'm watching:
  • The Bureau: XCOM: Big XCOM fan
  • Transformers: Fall of Cybertron (Just seems like it would be fun on the new rig)
  • Divinity: Dragon Commander: Hybrid RTS, Turn-Based Strategy, RPG, Flight Simlator :p

Some cool looking indy, early-release games:
  • Planetary Annihilation: Imagine a RTS that takes place on multiple planets simultaneously. From the makers of Supreme Commander (awesome series)
  • Prison Architect: Unique and seems fun.
  • Starbound: Terraria/MineCraft + Spaceships
  • Wasteland 2: Wasteland was the spiritual successor to Fallout series. Tactical RPG.

These are more games I own and would recommend.
  • XCOM: Enemy Unknown
  • Dragon Age: Origins
  • FTL: Amazing Indy game where you manage a star ship, but not a flight simulator, more from a tactical/commander's standpoint.
  • Strike Suite Infinity: The first decent space fighter simulator I've played in years. Cheap, mods available, and lots of fun.
  • Terraria: Like a 2D Minecraft. Incredibly deep and much better than the 2000 other clones out there.
Far Cry 3 is 75% off Steam today. Smile
(12-20-2013, 07:12 PM)Rapajez Wrote: [ -> ]Far Cry 3 is 75% off Steam today. Smile

Yeah that is a great deal.
FYI, picked up a lot of these games.

Transformers: Fall of Cybertron didn't support Surround natively, but using an app called "Flawless Widescreen", I was able to download a mod that supports it...flawlessly. It is probably the coolest game I've played on the Surround setup to-date--giant robots flying and exploding all around you.

Waiting for Assassins Creed IV to go on sale now, and hoping to grab a free copy of BF4 or AC4 with the next GPU I pick up.
AC4 only comes with NVIDIA cards? Are you thinking about getting a 780?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
(01-17-2014, 03:50 PM)Brandonsr Wrote: [ -> ]AC4 only comes with NVIDIA cards? Are you thinking about getting a 780?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Nah, I didn't realize AC4 was NVIDIA exclusive. Maybe that will change by the time I pull the trigger.