HR Forums

Full Version: DIABLO 3 EXPANSION
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Sorry for the all caps but I am super excited. I am such a Diablo fanboy that I will be picking it up on day one because, like I said I am a fanboy. Here is the link to the page.

http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/pre...d=10697951
Hmm, I was pretty disappointed with Diablo 3 in the beginning and stopped playing. I actually ended up uninstalling it. I know they've gone through a ton of changes since i quit-around version 1.03/4.

Not sure if this expansion can bring me back. Any specific things that have you excited about this?

Have you tried/considered playing hardcore? If I came back I think i'd try that to make it more exciting.
I did try some hard core but it's boring playing alone.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2
I'm very on edge about this one. Diablo 3 was a huge letdown. Sure they are changing a lot with the EXP but will that really be enough to bring me back in? Perhaps, will see when it gets more details and closer to release tho I'm still very doubtful.
And I'm a huge Diablo fan, should've mentioned in the beginning of my post but yeah. Been so since the original and to this day, it is my most favorite Diablo game. The atmosphere of it just gets me every time. The game even borderlined scary (when I was little I often couldn't play a lot of it alone, it did indeed terrify me a little) which could possibly be one of the reasons I love it so much. And after waiting so long for Diablo 3 and getting that blunder of a mess? It had almost zero trace and feel of a Diablo game. But of course, that's just my opinion tho I see many who share it. So I am very skeptical of this EXP.
Lately have been playing a lot of Diablo 2 Median XL and that is just a ton of fun and makes the D2 experience really refreshing.
What is Diablo 2 median xl?

I'm curious to know that too.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
Median XL is a Diablo 2 mod with a ton of challenges, new skills, new loot system, etc. Pretty much a complete overhaul of D2. I played it for quite some time before D3 came out.

Check it out.
http://modsbylaz.hugelaser.com/

This mod is very hard. Especially if you want to do all of the challenges.
Is it multi-player? I am totally down to play it with you guys.

(08-30-2013, 02:31 PM)Phrosty Wrote: [ -> ]Is it multi-player? I am totally down to play it with you guys.

D2Maniacs.org had Median XL servers up till this year, but its closed down now. The game will still work over TCP/IP and open battle.net. I've never tried it on open battle.net but it works great on TCP/IP. You could easily setup an online LAN server emulation with Hamachi and use it for Diablo 2. I've done that before too. Big Grin
THERE ARE REMOVING THE AUCTION HOUSE PERMANENTLY IN 2014!!! This is probably the best thing I've seen Diablo 3 ever do. It is also coming out with some new loot system that i haven't read about yet. It's probably all happening with the release of the expansion. This could actually bring me back.

http://diablo.incgamers.com/blog/comment...se-closing
Pages: 1 2