HR Forums

Full Version: Corsair 950-TX Psu for $79.99
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002O3W...PDKIKX0DER
Corsair CMPSU-950TX 950-Watt TX Series 80 Plus Certified Power Supply.

OK --I called amazon, and here's the deal: They appear to have the 950 TX for $79.99 --after MIR. BUT ITS TRICKY.
Here's what they told me you have to do: Capture a screenshot of the page showing the above linked page with the 3 rebates (2 x $30 and 1 x $10), follow the instructions on EACH rebate, and print out a copy of the screenshot.

Send the rebates to:
Customer Service
ATTN: STEPHANIE
PO Box 22093
Tempe AZ 85285

Here's the amazon phone number:
1-866-216-1072
Might be a good idea to call them and tell them to make sure they pack it correctly, because amazon is notorious for doing a bad job packing.

I'm not sure Corsair will honor all of it, but seems like a good deal if you're in the market for a psu of that range.

Here's a review of said psu:
http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?nam...y&reid=170
That is quite a lot of work for a discount but good luck to anyone who wants to try it out. I ordered the Corsair CMPSU-750TX from newegg myself and I got a good deal on it (I think), paid $98.99 plus it had a $20 mail in rebate
(02-22-2011, 09:08 PM)LazyTriangle Wrote: [ -> ]That is quite a lot of work for a discount but good luck to anyone who wants to try it out. I ordered the Corsair CMPSU-750TX from newegg myself and I got a good deal on it (I think), paid $98.99 plus it had a $20 mail in rebate

you got a good dealBig Grin. Corsair seems to make good psus. Keep in mind that most (good) 1000w psus can run between $185-220. As you go higher in watts the cost gets astronomically high.
Yeah once you get past 1000W it's usually cost effective to get two lower wattage PSUs and daisy chain them. (Though you need a case with enough space to do so)
Does a HAF X have enough space in your opinion?
Although considering my 2 psus will both not be modular,
TX 650 and TX 950 (ordered yesterday).
No the HAF X does not. You would need something like the NZXT Khaos. There are more cases that support it but can't find them at the moment.

(Although with a bit of hacking you could probably get a second PSU to fit in there)