HR Forums

Full Version: BF3 multiplayer lag with adobe flashplayer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hey guys i ran across a problem on 2 system repairs and thought i would share in case any of you run into the same problem.

i had this issue on an i3-2100 and fx-4100(OC) based systems. it turned out to be 100% cpu utilization because of adobe flashplayer plugin 11.6 r604 being enabled as soon as ORIGIN ui is loaded.

in multiplayer maps cpu usage with these two chips generally runs abouts 80% average, with spikes up to 95%. this is normal and even with an i5 based system you will still run about 75%.

it was fairly easy to find the problem after diaging the gpu and seeing in perfmon what was causing the trouble.

it turns out that when ORIGIN is loaded it automatically turns on adobe flash plugin for some reason, and it was running at 30% cpu usage by itself thus kicking out BF3 instructions.

the only way was to suspend the process or delete the plugin from the systems(which i ended up doing). i sent an email to EA/DICE and see if it had to do with the big 9gig update before End Game was released.
Luckily, the bug has nothing to do with EA/Origin. It has to be the Firefox 19 or flash. Somethnig similar happened to me on both Xp and 7 running an i5 2500 cpu. however. i haven't experienced any problem with ver 20 so far.
hope this helps.
(04-12-2013, 05:34 PM)jangelelcangry Wrote: [ -> ]Luckily, the bug has nothing to do with EA/Origin. It has to be the Firefox 19 or flash. Somethnig similar happened to me on both Xp and 7 running an i5 2500 cpu. however. i haven't experienced any problem with ver 20 so far.
hope this helps.

that was my first thought but by opening firefox, google or IE alone it didnt open flash player, only when ORIGIN was opened (by itself) did flash player initialize and run.

i havent got a reply back yet, but i think that some of those flash games ORIGIN sells may have something to do with it. it appears by deleting adobe flash it doesnt effect BF3 at all.

thanks for the input though.
UPDATE:

must have been a bug in adobe cause version 11.7 works like it should, barely noticeable.

after doing some reading it appears adobe sometimes releases a bugged version. if this happens all you gotta do is roll it back until they patch it with the next version.

happy gaming