HR Forums

Full Version: High-end PC (tier 12) - 2012 build
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Unfortunately I didn't see anything noteworthy from BF nor Cyber Monday. Will wait for 980 sales!
Something made the computer crap out of the weekend. I am not sure what the cause is. Here's what happened:

- Computer suddenly restarts, then restarts again.
- The ASRock X79 E6 board then has a lit CLR CMOS button.
- Computer now turns on, but will not POST, so no display signal nor boot into BIOS prompt.

Any advice would be appreciated!
To add on this, the current debug display shows the system being stuck at 34. I've reset the CMOS after electrical discharge and it's still stuck there. I am not sure whether there had been damage to the motherboard.

Here's a short footage of the error:

01-54 comes up as a memory problem. dr debug says to reseat cpu and memory and then clear cmos. i would troubleshoot the memory dimms.

good luck
(05-13-2015, 08:14 AM)PwnBroker Wrote: [ -> ]01-54 comes up as a memory problem. dr debug says to reseat cpu and memory and then clear cmos. i would troubleshoot the memory dimms.

good luck

I referred to the manual here: http://ftp.66.226.78.21/manual/X79%20Extreme6GB.pdf and found that the 34 debug code is as stated:

Quote:CPU post-memory initialization. Application Processor(s) (AP) initialization

It hangs there and I cannot get the motherboard to POST. I have reseated and checked all of the memory sticks at each slot starting with A1 incremental.
Pages: 1 2 3 4