HR Forums

Full Version: First build. Looking for feedback
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I'm about to start my first build and have read up on the parts but im still not too sure about most stuff. I followed the budget PC tier 2 build for the most part.

MOBO: ASRock H77M
PSU: Rosewill HIVE-550 550W
SSD: Crucial M4 64GB
RAM: G.SKILL Value series 8gb (2x 4gb)
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 750gb 7200 RPM
Optical Drive: LG 22x super-multi DVD burner
Video card: HIS radeon 6870 1 gig
CPU: Intel Core i3-2120
Case: Cooler Master Elite 430

was wondering if i needed another fan in the case as it only has one 120mm. And also any criticisms, feedback and suggestions are greatly appreciated.
I would indeed add a second fan to the case, to keep temperatures in check.

Other than that, your build looks good to me.
Your build should fine with that one fan as long as you're not putting it in a hot area or getting dust into your computer. I actually run my computer case fan-less in a cold Wisconsin basementBig Grin, not that i recommend that. If your still worried about temps, use HWMonitor to monitor your usages and if they're high buy a couple fans for a couple bucks.
Thanks Mathieu Ill definitely look in to that.

Quote:Posted by ichigeki - Today 01:08 PM
Your build should fine with that one fan as long as you're not putting it in a hot area or getting dust into your computer. I actually run my computer case fan-less in a cold Wisconsin basement, not that i recommend that. If your still worried about temps, use HWMonitor to monitor your usages and if they're high buy a couple fans for a couple bucks.
I live in sunny California so temps tend to stay above 60 and closer to 90s now that its getting to be summer but the sun is nice and an extra fan isnt too expensive.
(04-27-2012, 03:13 PM)dananimals Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks Mathieu Ill definitely look in to that.

Quote:Posted by ichigeki - Today 01:08 PM
Your build should fine with that one fan as long as you're not putting it in a hot area or getting dust into your computer. I actually run my computer case fan-less in a cold Wisconsin basement, not that i recommend that. If your still worried about temps, use HWMonitor to monitor your usages and if they're high buy a couple fans for a couple bucks.
I live in sunny California so temps tend to stay above 60 and closer to 90s now that its getting to be summer but the sun is nice and an extra fan isnt too expensive.

Yup, your right another fan on top of the case would be great for you.

Edit: Whoops wrong button I pressed.
Quote:Posted by ichigeki -
(Today 01:13 PM)dananimals Wrote:
Thanks Mathieu Ill definitely look in to that.

Quote:
Posted by ichigeki - Today 01:08 PM

Yup, your right another fan on top of the case would be great for you.
I was thinking the same thing
I would actually put the additional fan on the back of the case, behind the CPU Cooler, as it will be more effective there.