HR Forums

Full Version: Need suggestions for new build
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi guys, first of let me say that you have an awesome community here Cool!!

Now I have read all the about the gaming pc tiers by Mathieu and I have decided that I want to TIER 2 budget PC.
I am from India and hence not all the recommended parts are available here or are costly due to the taxes and all. So I have tried to design a tier 2 build myself with the available parts and budget.

This is what I have planned, its not exactly tier 2 as I have adjusted some things:

Intel Core i3-2100
Asus P8H61-M-LX
HIS Radeon HD7850 2GB GDDR5
G-skill 1x4GB 1333 MHz DDR3
Seagate Barracuda 500GB
SeaSonic S12II 620
Cooler Master Elite 311
Benq 21.5inch(G2222HDAL)

So I would like to know your views about it. I would likely be playing the latest games like Mass effect 3, assassin's creed, Elder scrolls, and other new RPG's for atleast an year. Medium settings will be ok, but high is preferable.

Thanks in advance
No suggestions for me from any experts?? Sad
I don't see anywhere you can cut to get a better CPU or video card. Maybe someone else can that has better knowledge of your specific choices.
Hey guys, I have changed my rig a bit in the main post and would just like to know your opinion about it.
like are the parts compatible? How long do you think it will last for gaming at 1080p?

Thanks mwhals for replying, but can you give me your opinion about the changed rig?

Thanks guys
that power supply is a little pricey and you don't really need 620w. where are you getting your parts from? so we can get an idea of the options you have =)

I would really consider going to 8 gigs of ram. It's only like $10 more and totally worth it. I think 4 gigs can get used up pretty easily.
(04-21-2012, 01:01 AM)Poppy-seede Wrote: [ -> ]that power supply is a little pricey and you don't really need 620w.

Ya I know its a bit costly but I want a future proof system for about 2-3 years(though I will update the CPU or GPU as and when required) and might even OC the updated CPU's in future.

(04-21-2012, 01:01 AM)Poppy-seede Wrote: [ -> ]where are you getting your parts from? so we can get an idea of the options you have =)

That is the biggest problem. I live in India, so due to customs, taxes, etc the prices are much higher here.

(04-21-2012, 01:01 AM)Pineappl Wrote: [ -> ]I would really consider going to 8 gigs of ram. It's only like $10 more and totally worth it. I think 4 gigs can get used up pretty easily..

As I said to Poppy-seede I live in India, so due to customs, taxes, etc the prices are much higher here. I can always buy more RAM latter on that's why I am only getting 4GB and investing more on the parts that can not be upgraded without replacing them.

So how long do you think this system will last me before needing an upgrade?
It is mainly for rpg gaming at 1080p.

Thanks for replying
I think that you have a pretty solid build, but as previously suggested, I think you should up your RAM to 8 GB, especially if you want your build to be future proof. I also think that the 7850 will be a bit much for the i3 processor, but I'm not an expert in that area. Generally, you want to spend a similar amount of money on your graphics card and processor to avoid bottlenecks.
You could look into a radeon 6950, GTX 560 ti or a radeon 6870 for some possible price reductions. But i think they are all in the same area as a 7850 (+/-$30) and it depends on the pricing and availability in your area.
(04-21-2012, 11:44 AM)tdot Wrote: [ -> ]I think you should up your RAM to 8 GB, especially if you want your build to be future proof.

Ya buddy, but I am tight on my budget at the moment and 4 GB will be enough at the moment. Can easily add more RAM in future if required, thats why I am not worried about RAM. Wink

(04-21-2012, 11:44 AM)tdot Wrote: [ -> ]I also think that the 7850 will be a bit much for the i3 processor, but I'm not an expert in that area. Generally, you want to spend a similar amount of money on your graphics card and processor to avoid bottlenecks.

I don't really think that i3 will bottleneck 7850, bcoz I have read on many forums about people doing fantastic with this combo.

Though some expert opinion will also be welcome.

Thanks
Pages: 1 2