HR Forums

Full Version: Windows 7 doesnt start
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I just finished my build today. i installed Windows 7 and all the mobo, video drivers also anti virus. I haven't updated windows yet, so i restarted and doesn't go into windows. It shows the windows logo then restarts then just stays on a blank screen. I switched the boot priority and no luck. I also tried to go into safe mode and it just hangs on Please wait...Please help!
What you need to do at least to start is to run Windows repair, either from the boot menu F8 or directly from a Windows DVD (dont recall the exact command, but did run this not long ago myself on another machine I own). Either way, you'll most likely require the DVD to make it work. It will see why Windows 7 is not booting and attempt to fix it.
(04-06-2012, 08:10 AM)pedwards Wrote: [ -> ]What you need to do at least to start is to run Windows repair, either from the boot menu F8 or directly from a Windows DVD (dont recall the exact command, but did run this not long ago myself on another machine I own). Either way, you'll most likely require the DVD to make it work. It will see why Windows 7 is not booting and attempt to fix it.

Tried that, it still does the same thing, it goes to the Windows logo screen then goes back to a blank screen. Sometimes startup showed some memory diagnostics but couldn't find any problem.

I tried booting from the CD and it shows up as "install windows" but can't install because i have a partition and I installed Windows already

Try clearing the motherboard's CMOS, set back the options to default in the BIOS/UEFI (except for what you need, like drive priority and the like), see if that helps.
(04-06-2012, 01:10 PM)MathieuB Wrote: [ -> ]Try clearing the motherboard's CMOS, set back the options to default in the BIOS/UEFI (except for what you need, like drive priority and the like), see if that helps.

Cleared everything back to default, I can't go into regular mode but I can go into safe mode. So I do system restore and get into regular mode. If I shut down and come and come back on, I can get into windows. If I restart, it goes to a blank screen. PC is still on and all the parts are on, monitor on as well.

What I noticed is when I restart the MemOK Led blinks red once on the mobo so it could be my RAM? I looked in the booklet if its compatible but It is not posted there.
Could you link me (to Newegg) to the exact model of RAM that you got?

It could be that it needs more than 1.5v of voltage.
(04-06-2012, 05:33 PM)MathieuB Wrote: [ -> ]Could you link me (to Newegg) to the exact model of RAM that you got?

It could be that it needs more than 1.5v of voltage.

RAM : http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6820226191

Mobo : http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6813131781
All right, so 1.5v is fine, not an issue.

Try each stick individually, in different slots. See if that makes a difference.
(04-06-2012, 06:34 PM)MathieuB Wrote: [ -> ]All right, so 1.5v is fine, not an issue.

Try each stick individually, in different slots. See if that makes a difference.

neither of them worked in both slots and each one separate as well, just shows a blank screen or monitor has no signal to the PC.

I also tried installing the chipset driver to see if it worked but no luck, still blank screen after Windows logo.

Only thing I can do is log into safe mode and that seems fine. Should I try updating Windows without an Anti virus? or should I get the driver for my video card? Could it be my SSD?
Sounds like a faulty motherboard. I'd exchange it.
Pages: 1 2