HR Forums

Full Version: Windows 7 doesnt start
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(04-06-2012, 06:59 PM)MathieuB Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds like a faulty motherboard. I'd exchange it.

anyway to check if its the mobo? I have a 4 pin connected to the mobo, if that beeps doesnt that mean the mobo is fine?
hmmmm i think i found something interesting....when I uninstalled the Display driver AMD 6800 series, I am able to go into normal mode! When I have it, it just goes back to the problem of a blank screen....what should i do now!?
So that was the problem, my XFX Radeon HD 6800 latest driver series is whats not making boot into normal windows. So i tried installing and uninstalling the driver, catalyst, etc to confirm it was it and to see if that would solve it. It continues to blank screen on boot at normal Windows.

So right now, I am using my new built PC without a video card driver....any suggestions?
Try an older version of the drivers then.
(04-07-2012, 07:00 AM)MathieuB Wrote: [ -> ]Try an older version of the drivers then.

Another option if Mathieu's doesn't work is try downloading the drivers from AMD directly instead of XFX (or vice versa). Sometimes the card mfg drivers can make the difference.

Thereafter if that doesnt work, maybe see if you have another driver conflict with your Radeon driver through running msconfig from the run menu.

You should choose the third option and essentially customize which drivers you boot with on startup. Try diabling half of the drivers first, reboot and see if it no longer gets stuck. If it does, disable the other half of drivers. If the problem goes away you know you may have a driver that's causing the conflict and you keep "splitting the book" so to speak until you narrow down the resulting driver causing the problem with the graphics driver.

Then try updating or downgrading the offending driver and your graphics driver may work without issue.

Let us know and good luck.
No luck, if I install a video driver from their site it just turns blank screen still and the monitor doesn't detect anything. Although when i install the driver, their is a warning message that it displays.

document.getElementsByTagName("head")[0] is undefined

Not sure if it has anything to do with it.
Found the problem! My bios had an important update that was just released two weeks ago as well as the chipset. So for the mobo Asus P8Z68 V-LX you would need to retrieved that latest update.

So after all the building, software, and tweaks...I have finished my first gaming build! (along tier 2) ...you can check it out here

http://forums.hardware-revolution.com/sh...649&page=2

Thanks guys!
Pages: 1 2