HR Forums

Full Version: Recommendations on computer speakers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Don't have a clue on what computer speakers to get, I will be getting a sound card mentioned on mainstream tiers but my build will be tier 2 with the acceptation of a i5 2500k and zasrock z68 ext3 gen 3. I will be doing mostly video games , music and other multimedia things.

Do not have a clue whats expensive speakers from cheap speakers to quality of the speakers and the best for your buck.

Any recommendations?

Thanks guys
What kind of setup are you looking for? 2.1 5.1 etc.
a 2.1 setup...Not sure what a price range it is but I would like to throw out a number on what I would like to spend on PC speakers. About $50-60 give or take. But if there are $25 speakers you would recommend, GREAT!
(03-07-2012, 02:58 PM)cpanday228 Wrote: [ -> ]a 2.1 setup...Not sure what a price range it is but I would like to throw out a number on what I would like to spend on PC speakers. About $50-60 give or take. But if there are $25 speakers you would recommend, GREAT!

SmileCreative A220 2.1 Multimedia Speaker System for $30. I have the older version of these, and they are GREAT, but NOT if you live in an apartment, unless you want your neigbors calling the cops every few minutes. The bass on this will shake your whole house!

SmileLogitech Surround Sound Speakers Z506 --$80, I have these as well--would recommend; great 5.1 budget system!

UndecidedLogitech LS21 2.1 Stereo Speaker System
I also got one of those $25 Logitech 2.1 systems, would not recommend this UNLESS you live in an apartment (has adjustable bass and is not very loud) and you don't want to spend the $80 on the Logitech Z506

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6836121034

For $46, my brother has one of these, and they just work. Great sound for the size and price.

If you prefer audio accuracy over deep bass then I suggest getting the Behringer Ms-16s, I have a pair and they are amazing. Works great with headphones too. Slightly above your price range however.
(03-07-2012, 03:38 PM)ichigeki Wrote: [ -> ]http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6836121034

For $46, my brother has one of these, and they just work. Great sound for the size and price.

If you prefer audio accuracy over deep bass then I suggest getting the Behringer Ms-16s, I have a pair and they are amazing. Works great with headphones too. Slightly above your price range however.

The base isn't too overwhelming on those?

Logitech Z313 Speaker System a few bucks cheaper at amazon
Well, I guess how people view how much bass is necessary is subjective. Smile I'm sort of an audiophile and I like tune balance my audio. There is my bias. IMHO, most speakers provide way too much bass for accuracy. Some people like a lot of bass, though I understand.