HR Forums

Full Version: Games list, with Tier recommendations (In Progress)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I want to write up a guide that would recommend specific Tiers for a game at various resolutions/settings, with recommendations being similar to this:

Battlefield 3: Tier recommendations:

Tier 3 and 4 will allow you to play BF3 at 1920 x 1080 with high settings, with Tier 4 loading the the game faster thanks to the SSD. Tier 5 allows you to crank up the settings a tad higher, while Tier 6 and 7 should let you play at Ultra without any problem, with Tier 7 allowing for higher AA/AF settings.

Obviously, the goal being to cover only the most popular games, since trying to cover every single game would be next to impossible.

I simply figure that publishing such a guide would help you figure out which Tier would be appropriate for your needs.

Expect various recommendations for various settings, for gaming at low resolutions such as 1366 x 768 or 1280 x 1080, gaming at 1080p, 3D gaming, gaming on multiple monitors, recommendations to always hit 60 or 120FPS, etc.

Assassin's Creed: Revelations
Batman: Arkham city
Battlefield 3
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
Civilization V
Crysis 2
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Diablo III
Dirt 3
Eve Online
Everquest 2
F1 2011
Flight Simulator X
League of Legends
Just Cause 2
Minecraft
Mass Effect 2
Metro 2033
Need for Speed: The Run
Rage
Silent Hunter 5
Shogun 2: Total War
Starcraft II
Star Wars: The Old Republic
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Witcher 2
World of Warcraft
Honestly I think this is a great idea.

Just as I was going to recommend something.. I realized you had it in there already. Was even going to be smart and recommend Diablo III considering that it's in beta, but you had that already as well! Smile

Looking forward to the post!
I will be building my Tier 9 pc as soon as I get the 5 idems I am missing which should be arriving today and tomorrow (according to UPS) and I will be definitely give you my results on Flight Simulator X, which is one of the more "power" demanding programs around especially when loaded with addons.
counter-strike: global offensive !
Nice. I see Mass effect 2 and no 3. Is that a dig at the new game
BF2 should be in that list.. I'm not much of a BF3 fan myself but I still think BF2 is a demanding game.
(04-02-2012, 07:40 PM)Dr.Noob Wrote: [ -> ]BF2 should be in that list.. I'm not much of a BF3 fan myself but I still think BF2 is a demanding game.

it was demanding in its day. any modern processor will run it. i have done the benchmark and will be posting with the others soon. so far with any of the amd and intel 4 core and 2 core, it will run 100fps. kinda strange as it wont run over 100 with the highest settings. there must be a ceiling.

i just wish they would have added some of the concepts from BF2 to BF3, it wouldve made it a better game.

Just a suggestion, but maybe this could be added to the gaming pc build section once it's more solidified? For example, it could be in a section after the tier descriptions and before the parts are explained.

I guess it doesn't matter where it really is, but the point I'm trying to make is that it should be out of the forums. This idea is worth more than just a thread.
I believe that is the plan, he was just trying to compile a list of games from forum members to add to the article.

Additionally, I'd be interested in Guild Wars 2 info as well. I know it's in beta but I'm not sure if any official system requirements have been released yet.
(04-12-2012, 07:20 PM)ApexBoost Wrote: [ -> ]I believe that is the plan, he was just trying to compile a list of games from forum members to add to the article.

Additionally, I'd be interested in Guild Wars 2 info as well. I know it's in beta but I'm not sure if any official system requirements have been released yet.

Ok, that's kind of what I assumed, that would be a great addition to this site since so many builders are also gamers.

As for GW2, I know that these are the system requirements:

Windows® XP Service Pack 2 or better • Intel® Core 2 Duo 2.0 GHz, Core i3, AMD Athlon 64 X2, or better • 2 GB RAM • NVIDIA® GeForce® 7800, ATI X1800, Intel HD 3000, or better (256MB of video RAM and shader model 3.0 or better) • 25 GB available HDD space • Broadband Internet connection • Keyboard and mouse

They released that when the pre-purchase became available and it's in the FAQ here: http://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/game-faq/#four

But yeah, I saw this post and GW2 was the first thing that came to mind. I can't help but be extremely excited for this game.
Pages: 1 2