HR Forums

Full Version: question about building computers - tiers.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
mathieu thank you for making the buyers guide it has been very helpful. before i buy everything i just wanted to know,

1. will there be any new tech or hardware coming out that will drastically change the components in mainstream or high-end tiers?

2. also what tier do u suggest if i want to play diablo 3 and tribes ascend with max settings on a 23 inch monitor or 1080p tv. thanks
The High-End Gaming PCs just got updated a few minutes ago, if you didn't see it: http://www.hardware-revolution.com/high-...mber-2011/

1. There's the Radeon HD 7xxx series that should be launched around January 9th or so. They should bring improved performance over the 6xxx series, so that should change my video cards recommendations in the mainstream/high-end gaming PC builds.

2. Diablo III isn't that demanding, but Tribes: Ascend is quite demanding, according to hi-rez studios: http://hi-rez.custhelp.com/app/answers/d...-ascend%3F

So I'd aim for Tier 6, with the Core i5-2500 and the Geforce GTX 560 Ti 448 Cores. Seeing as the game is in beta and that system requirements may change though, you might want to go with Tier 7, with the GTX 580, to be safe.
i know its hard to say but, do u think the 7xxx series will outperform or be on par with the gtx 580? THANKS!
100% outperform, or AMD has gone mad.
(12-20-2011, 05:58 PM)Brian Wrote: [ -> ]100% outperform, or AMD has gone mad.

do you say this because of the possible pricing around 500$?
No. From the leaked specs.
100% more than a GTX 580 is more than what I've seen. The Radeon HD 7970 will definitely be faster than a GTX 580, but more like by 40-50% on average, not 100%.
(12-20-2011, 06:21 PM)MathieuB Wrote: [ -> ]100% more than a GTX 580 is more than what I've seen. The Radeon HD 7970 will definitely be faster than a GTX 580, but more like by 40-50% on average, not 100%.

wow thats a pretty big jump. i guess i will be waiting then...

i was also wondering why you only choose msi for the nvidia cards u suggest... when i was looking there were more than a few other manufacturers making the cards.
I mean I am 100% certain they will be faster Tongue.
I actually recommend EVGA or MSI most of the time.

I usually recommend EVGA cards for their cooling system that exhaust all the heat outside of the case (helps with SLI), their great reliability and their lifetime warranty.

I also recommend MSI cards from time to time, for their great cooling system that results in lower noise/temperature levels and their great overclocking potential/tools.
Pages: 1 2