HR Forums

Full Version: AMD 6970's Eyefinity Three Monitor Setup Problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just bought two AMD 6970's. I can't get all three of the monitors to work at the same time on one card so I can use Crossfire.

Two of them are connected by DVI, and the other is connected via a DP to DVI adapter. Do I need a different adapter?

Any help would be appreciated.
Ok, what monitors are you using and what is the exact name of the DP adapter.

Also make sure your DVI adapter is getting power. Also make sure all three cables are connected to the SAME 6970, the one closest to your cpu.

Also, is the third monitor registering with amd CCP (the AMD Control Center)?
Also I'm curious as to whether that as an active or passive adapter.
(12-14-2011, 07:41 PM)windez Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, what monitors are you using and what is the exact name of the DP adapter.

Also make sure your DVI adapter is getting power. Also make sure all three cables are connected to the SAME 6970, the one closest to your cpu.

I'm using three Planar PX2710MW's. All three are plugged into the same graphics card (the one closest to the cpu).

Each display registers with AMD CCP but not at the same time.

I'm using a an Apple DP to DVI converter that I had laying around - I think its active rather than passive.
(12-14-2011, 08:36 PM)SnyderMan Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-14-2011, 07:41 PM)windez Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, what monitors are you using and what is the exact name of the DP adapter.

I'm using three Planar PX2710MW's. All three are plugged into the same graphics card (the one closest to the cpu).

Each display registers with AMD CCP but not at the same time.

I'm using a an Apple DP to DVI converter that I had laying around - I think its active rather than passive.

http://www.overclock.net/t/761135/eyefin...ort-to-dvi

ok so it looks like the apple dp to dvi is the issue

I'll order a new adapter online and report back if it solves the issue.