HR Forums

Full Version: No sound
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I just finished my first build. I used a Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced case, an ASUS M4A87TD EVO mo/bo, an AMD Phenom II X4 965 processor, an EVGA GeForce GTX 570 Graphics Card, two Crucial SSD's, one for the O/S, the other for program downloads such as Rhino 4, one WD 1 Tbyte HD for misc. 700W PSU. I can't get my sound to work. I've rebuilt the init three times, but still no sound. I checked to make sure I had all the drivers I needed and that they are all working properly according to my computer. Any suggestions? I ran a complete diagnistic of every part and the results were that everything is working fine, but still I get no sound. There is also a new Windows Home Premium 64 bit O/S installed.
I know this may be a stupid question but how many different sound devices did you try? I am sure that's notbthe problem but maybe a defective headset?

Sent from my rooted EVO 4g using tapatalk.
(12-04-2011, 10:14 AM)Phrosty Wrote: [ -> ]I know this may be a stupid question but how many different sound devices did you try? I am sure that's notbthe problem but maybe a defective headset?

I have tried three sets of speakers and just as many different cable hook ups.
You did install the correct sound drivers, correct?

http://drivers.softpedia.com/get/SOUND-C...8100.shtml
He said he installed them and it says it should be working.

I know but the ones on the CD may be out of date, just making sure he has the latest ones. Smile
(12-04-2011, 04:45 PM)Andrew J Wrote: [ -> ]I know but the ones on the CD may be out of date, just making sure he has the latest ones. Smile

I got all the latest upgrades from ASUS and EVGA.
(12-04-2011, 04:31 PM)Andrew J Wrote: [ -> ]You did install the correct sound drivers, correct?

http://drivers.softpedia.com/get/SOUND-C...8100.shtml

Yes, they have been checked and double checked. The computer manager says everything is fine.
I'll assume that the sound isn't set to mute or too low of a level to be heard.

Right-click on the speaker icon at the bottom right of your screen. Select Playback devices. You want to make sure that the "Speakers - Realtek High Definition Audio (or something similar)" is the default device. If it's not, click on it and then click on "Set Default".
No, all the sound levels have been checked and rechecked.
When you go to plug the speaker in is the any feedback? Like a low hum or anything to signify that they are getting power?

Pages: 1 2