HR Forums

Full Version: After build
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So finally after weeks of talking about building, I've finally done it. Somewhat frustrating experience, Modular cables would really help in hindsight. Aside from that, now that my computer is up and running, its having problems software-wise such as installing adobe flash. Hardware wise, I'm not totally sure I plugged everything into the right place... I got the Extreme3 Gen3 and it did not come with a chassis speaker, idk how important that is, but it didn't come with the mobo.

And as I type this I realize that the software problems may be a driver problem I haven't fully updated everything, but I will update my post tomorrow when I'm more aware of what I'm doing. So, so far the only problem is the missing chassis speaker. How important is that?
(10-22-2011, 06:04 AM)Final692 Wrote: [ -> ]So finally after weeks of talking about building, I've finally done it. Somewhat frustrating experience, Modular cables would really help in hindsight. Aside from that, now that my computer is up and running, its having problems software-wise such as installing adobe flash. Hardware wise, I'm not totally sure I plugged everything into the right place... I got the Extreme3 Gen3 and it did not come with a chassis speaker, idk how important that is, but it didn't come with the mobo.

And as I type this I realize that the software problems may be a driver problem I haven't fully updated everything, but I will update my post tomorrow when I'm more aware of what I'm doing. So, so far the only problem is the missing chassis speaker. How important is that?

So I got the PC running, temps during games seem normal, haven't ran benchmarks but I don't think I really have to as long as it runs games fast and doesn't heat up too much. Still I'm missing the chassis speaker, and it seems like I got scammed from amazon's merchant tigerdirect when they put up wrong information. I received ram that run at like speeds of 635mhz... will that really affect me bad? I haven't noticed it being overly slow...
That does seem overly slow for ram. Most claim 1600mhz and I've heard only run at 1335, and that you have to do a manual change in BIOS to get the ram to reach it's max potential.

Just from what I remember when researching, not entirely sure.
Your RAM is probably running at 666.66MHz or 1333Mhz when it comes to DDR (Double data rate) memory. You'll want to adjust that to 800MHz or change the CPU/RAM frequency ratio to fix it up. Alternatively, you may have an option for XMP memory.

A missing chassis speaker is no big deal, hardly anyone uses them anymore.
(10-23-2011, 11:36 PM)MathieuB Wrote: [ -> ]Your RAM is probably running at 666.66MHz or 1333Mhz when it comes to DDR (Double data rate) memory. You'll want to adjust that to 800MHz or change the CPU/RAM frequency ratio to fix it up. Alternatively, you may have an option for XMP memory.

Is that a Bios thing?

Also, is it okay to post a 3dmark 11 benchmark link here?

the score I got was P4479

Hardware: i5-2500k (not OC'ed)
560 Ti twin frozr edition 880mhz

It has a banner saying that my score is low compared to other systems with similar hardware is this true? I heard that its also because some of the scores are lobsided because others OC the hell out of their components whereas I haven't.
(10-23-2011, 11:59 PM)Final692 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-23-2011, 11:36 PM)MathieuB Wrote: [ -> ]Your RAM is probably running at 666.66MHz or 1333Mhz when it comes to DDR (Double data rate) memory. You'll want to adjust that to 800MHz or change the CPU/RAM frequency ratio to fix it up. Alternatively, you may have an option for XMP memory.

Is that a Bios thing?

Also, is it okay to post a 3dmark 11 benchmark link here?

the score I got was P4479

Hardware: i5-2500k (not OC'ed)
560 Ti twin frozr edition 880mhz

It has a banner saying that my score is low compared to other systems with similar hardware is this true? I heard that its also because some of the scores are lobsided because others OC the hell out of their components whereas I haven't.

Yes, this has to be done within the BIOS/UEFI.

Sure, feel free to post a link to that.
Yes, most scores submitted are from overclocked systems.
From this page, your score seems fine: http://3dmark.com/healthcheck/3dm11/2066831

Like I mentioned earlier, your score is probably "low" because your system isn't overclocked. Nothing to worry about.
(10-24-2011, 02:16 PM)MathieuB Wrote: [ -> ]From this page, your score seems fine: http://3dmark.com/healthcheck/3dm11/2066831

Like I mentioned earlier, your score is probably "low" because your system isn't overclocked. Nothing to worry about.

Right looks on par with everything else except for the physics but I figure that its because I had some programs on.

Also, Mathieu, which temperature monitoring program is correct? I run speedfan 4.41 and it shows that my temperatures are 23, 17, 18, 16 for each core, meanwhile my ASrock extreme utility says that my CPU overall is 35 or so. They're not close enough numbers either, so I don't know which to trust.
I'd trust the ASrock extreme utility, seeing as the temperatures from Speedfan are too low to be realistic.
(10-24-2011, 06:56 PM)MathieuB Wrote: [ -> ]I'd trust the ASrock extreme utility, seeing as the temperatures from Speedfan are too low to be realistic.

:X aw great, I was pretty amazed that my processor was running so low, but now that we say its in the 35-38 range, isn't it a bit high? Oh I should mention thats the first core, the rest are nicely sitting at the 30s range. Using an A70 cooler

Pages: 1 2