HR Forums

Full Version: Battlefield 3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Is anyone else excited for this game as much as I am?

Newest trailer (released 8/16/2011)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8S_eEv_A5k
Moved to Talk forum.

I'm looking into getting it, I never really enjoyed BF2 but I'd like to give it another shot.
I have it preordered and ready to download on day 1. Amazing visuals, but the thing that blows me away the most is the animation quality. I was lucky enough to play the Alpha for one night and it was pretty great, although it wasn't 64 player battles.
Anyways, yes, I am very excited. The lack of mod tools is BS, but there's still maybe some hope that EA will stop being evil (HA!) and allow it in the future.
It does look good, no wonder so many people are asking me about future-proofing their PC for it.
(08-16-2011, 05:17 PM)ApexBoost Wrote: [ -> ]Moved to Talk forum.

I'm looking into getting it, I never really enjoyed BF2 but I'd like to give it another shot.
Thanks man! I read this section as for talking about deals. My bad. :p
(08-16-2011, 10:14 PM)Slagathor Wrote: [ -> ]I have it preordered and ready to download on day 1. Amazing visuals, but the thing that blows me away the most is the animation quality. I was lucky enough to play the Alpha for one night and it was pretty great, although it wasn't 64 player battles.
Anyways, yes, I am very excited. The lack of mod tools is BS, but there's still maybe some hope that EA will stop being evil (HA!) and allow it in the future.
I don't think it is EA that is limiting but more of the engine Dice is using (Frostbite 2) that is the limiting factor. I bet someone will figure something out and there will be mods. Smile

(08-17-2011, 12:19 AM)MathieuB Wrote: [ -> ]It does look good, no wonder so many people are asking me about future-proofing their PC for it.
I am one of those people. :x
I definitely think it's EA's fault. They claim the engine is too complex for modders, but that just means the mods that would get released would be that much better because your lower-end modder can't figure it out.
EA knows they plan on selling DLC in the future. With modding, nobody would buy the DLC because they could just mod it for free. DICE has said mod tools might come out, but I think EA has them on too tight of a leash.
It reminds me of a game that is coming or just came out for the nintendo ds that you cannot erase the data to start over. They said it prevents people from reselling the game.
Phrosty, you are thinking of Resident Evil: Mercenaries 3D for the 3DS. Capcom comes up with the worst ways to try and prevent used games. I think they claimed it was to prevent hacking the game for its online play, but everyone knows that's total BS.
I getting it.

Any word on who has the best deal so far for the PC??

I saw Newegg had a deal this Saturday for $47.99 with the Promo Code EMCYTZT688 . I guess the code works for the PS3 & 360 version too. Deals expire at 11:59PM PDT on Saturday, 8/20/2011

Now I just have to decide where to preorder it and if I just get a copy for the PC or one for both the PC & PS3. Why can all games be like Portal 2 and let you do both for one price. lol
(08-20-2011, 03:33 AM)shystie1 Wrote: [ -> ]I getting it.

Any word on who has the best deal so far for the PC??

I saw Newegg had a deal this Saturday for $47.99 with the Promo Code EMCYTZT688 . I guess the code works for the PS3 & 360 version too. Deals expire at 11:59PM PDT on Saturday, 8/20/2011

Now I just have to decide where to preorder it and if I just get a copy for the PC or one for both the PC & PS3. Why can all games be like Portal 2 and let you do both for one price. lol
Origin has a special preorder that others aren't getting, you get access to the Beta in September but that is it (only good if you don't already have Medal of Honor LE). I wonder if the Newegg game comes with the physical warfare pack and the back to karkand expansion pack???
Pages: 1 2 3