HR Forums

Full Version: Web PC Build - Mixed Tiers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just built a new web PC: (total with printer/scanner and 24" monitor was under $950)

ROSEWILL|CHALLENGER RT case
Athlon II X3 455 Box AM3 3.3G 512KB 95W
Samsung 1 TB Spinpoint 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.5 inch
Acer H243H bmid 24-Inch Widescreen LCD Display (Black)
GIGABYTE ATI Radeon HD6850 1GB DDR5
GIGABYTE GA-78LMT-S2P Motherboard
PSU ANTEC 520W HCG-520
CARD READER KOUTECH IO-RCM621
MEM 2Gx2|GSKILL F3-10666CL9D (4 GIG)
LOGITECH OPTICAL USB MOUSE
DVD BRN ASUS | DRW-24B1ST/BLK
WIRELESS ADAPTER ROSEWILL|RNX-N180UBE RTL
Canon PIXMA MG6120 Wireless Inkjet Photo All-In-One Printer
Running Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Built it for my step-dad. He's been using an OLD Dell laptop that was so slow, he'd never even bother getting online to check email... So I built him a rig that would be a pleasure to use (nice big screen) and a simple to use printer/scanner.... maybe this will eliminate a few "tech calls" Smile

[Image: pc.jpg]

[Image: pc-2-1.jpg]
Oh, and thanks to Mathieu, everything worked. Plugged everything in, turned it on, and started installing the OS and drivers. Not a blip!
I think that's a little more powerful than a web PC. Tongue

Looks nice, glad you had no issues while building.
It IS a little more than he needs, but I have a feeling that he's going to be getting more into computers now that it's not a pain in the behind to use one... he'll be happy with it, it zips along quite nicely Smile
Nicely done on the build man.

How's the motherboard? I'm probably going to buy that same one.

Monster of a web pc Smile
Those cannon printers are brilliant, I used to sell tons of them.
More like a Gaming PC, especially considering the video card, but hey, why not? Better go overkill than to go with not enough.

Nonetheless, nicely done, glad that the website and forums helped you out Big Grin
The mobo seems fine. Installation was easy, everything was clearly marked. No problems. Not a lot of frills, and no room for expansion, but for what it is, it does the trick.
This is something I would go for. Nice and elegant and with the monitor and scanner under a grand. Very affordable Smile